ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

911 turbo

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
I recently had the car in at MV Turbos a local garage to me (the owner has a 996 GT2) for a Durametric data log and alignment.
After fitting the plenum I wanted to check the fueling was still safe, which it is still running 1.1 bar.
John the owner took a few pics while it was in for his webpage.
pork5.jpg

pork4.jpg

pork3.jpg

pork2.jpg

pork%201.jpg

Sadly Ive now had to go back to work so will be missing the Porsche OC trackday at Knockhill , and also the V- Max event :(

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Picked up a cheap spare centre console this week and had it painted yesterday so that is the interior now finished , unless i can pick up a cheap GT2/GT3 rear carpet.

1432316628.jpg

1432316634.jpg

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I don't get the hate, I love how it looks on the splits with seal grey centres. I prefer it over the standard wheels. To me, the standards look boring and too simple for a car that looks this aggressive.

IMO if course.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Few recent changes to the interior

I went for a 997 gt3 shifter, and managed to join it to the 996 gaiter to keep the alcantara/leather theme going.

1441456278.jpg

1441456259.jpg

And today i added a set of leather/alcantara GT3/GT2 style seats , at the same time i removed the rear carpets and added some sound deadening underneath to quieten the cabin a little.

IMG_4548.jpg

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Those new seats are stunning. Probably less comfortable but look so fresh! The leather sagging slightly on the old drivers seat was the only thing letting it down and now it looks amazing. Nice cage and carbon wing mirrors too.

Few recent changes to the interior

I went for a 997 gt3 shifter, and managed to join it to the 996 gaiter to keep the alcantara/leather theme going.

1441456278.jpg

1441456259.jpg

And today i added a set of leather/alcantara GT3/GT2 style seats , at the same time i removed the rear carpets and added some sound deadening underneath to quieten the cabin a little.

IMG_4548.jpg

Love the GT3 gear stick. Is it just the stick or the whole linkage too? How much did it cost if you don't mind me asking. PM me if you wish. It's something I'd like to do to mine too :)

Loving those seats also, are they the carbon fibre? Are they from a GT car?

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
I already had the 997 gt3 shift mechanism fitted so , the gear knob was a simple change out.
The seats are carbon fibre copies of the 996 GT2/ GT3 seats , would of loved genuine seats but they are getting harder to find and prices are getting stupid at over £3500 second hand.

I would like to have a set of gt2 wheels but the 18's don't fit over the brakes.

Its never been on the rollers but with the recent map change now running 1.2 bar I would think around 570bhp.
With hybrid turbos , injectors along with the rest of the mods i have it should do close to 650 bhp.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Those new seats are stunning. Probably less comfortable but look so fresh! The leather sagging slightly on the old drivers seat was the only thing letting it down and now it looks amazing. Nice cage and carbon wing mirrors too.

I did a few hours in the car over the weekend and have to say the new seats are actually really comfy , I steamed the original seats before putting them in storage and its tightened up the leather on them .
Im in two minds about painting the plastic sections around the harness holes on the seats and also tempted by some red seat belts.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Had the old girl in for a late winter protection detail last week as my local detailer had a deal on.

Car washed, dried ,de contaminated, DA'd then all paint,glass,wheels sealed.

Sadly no outdoor completed pics as it was both dark and raining buy the time they finished :sad:

dt20.jpg

dt21.jpg

dt17.jpg

dt19.jpg

dt18.jpg

dt15.jpg

dt7.jpg

dt5.jpg

detail2.jpg

detail1.jpg

dt11.jpg

dt10.jpg

dt4.jpg

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks I have been lucky in that since I bought the car back prices have went up a bit so probably worth a couple of $$$ more than I paid.
I am looking to maybe send the car down to Nine Excellence to have there 9e30 tuning package which would more than wipe out any money I could make on the car, but long term I have no plans on selling as long as I have a job with oil prices being fecked.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Very true :)
Ive just booked up for my first track day in it later this year as well , looking forward to it but know I will probably lap slower than i did in my clio lol

I'm not a fan of the 996 because of the egg headlights, but your one does look epic. I think the GT2 styling or kit you've got makes a massive difference, it looks awesome and meas as f**k from the rear!

Love the seats and shifter too.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
I know a lot of people have a dislike for the LM's on here but I've just agreed to buy a set of these wheels , which again may divide opinion but the LM's will not be going anywhere I will just switch as i fancy .

BBS%20RCH.jpg