ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

911R vs 205 Rallye

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
probably had a 1600 tu engine fitted at some point in it's life and dvla had been notified
uk rallyes were 1360 tu 75hp piece of turd, so a lot of people put the 1.6 in out of the 306, saxo, etc

Weren't the 205 Rallyes something like 800kg?

I saw a middle-base spec Citroen AX the other day and was almost pining after it for its sheer flimsiness and lightness lol

182 FF, 306 Rallye
Euro 205 Rallye's were based on 1.6 GTI shell/ running gear, were apparently 790kg... 1294cc on twin 40 carbs and put out 102bhp.... Never driven or been in one but sounds like great fun

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Funny how this made me want a 205 rather than the 911. Definitely something about the slower involving stuff.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
That 911 engine at full chat is absolute p**n though. That bit when he's going through the gears and it cuts to the pedal cam, epic.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Im glad he's back doing this, all be it through Top Gear.
Still gives us something decent to watch.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
The arches on the Euro version make the GTI look pap in my view. Deeply cool car, much like the original 106 Rallye.

Great vid, thanks for posting :up:

911 is nice but on those sort of Welsh roads in the rain, I'd much rather be in a sorted FWD hatch that I knew wasn't going to try and kill me if I lifted off mid-corner lol