ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

93% of your Clios....

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
have a "Dark history"

IMAG0312.jpg

The tabloids say so, it must be true. Give up on your detailing now TBH, it's all a waste of time ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Flol! What paper was it?

Tbf most Clio owners these days don't bother checking belts or Hpi.

Clio k4j - Clio 200T
I think you'd be able to spot a skeleton under the bonnet. There's not a whole lot of room in there for dead bodies.
Right mate, when i work on mine and I drop a screwdriver it often stops its falling before reach the ground stucking somewhere in the bay..

or maybe is the skeleton grabbing it... XD

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I think you'd be able to spot a skeleton under the bonnet. There's not a whole lot of room in there for dead bodies.

That made me actually lol...

suppose its true though, ive had my front bumper sprayed, guessing thats the sort of thing they're calling 'dark history'.

extreme flamer
I can believe that tbh, according to the mot records of my clio its either been clocked in the past by someone or had a clock change or perhaps a clock and engine change for all I know, not sure but somethings happened in the past never done any checks or anything so I suppose its my own fault

extreme flamer
I can believe that tbh, according to the mot records of my clio its either been clocked in the past by someone or had a clock change or perhaps a clock and engine change for all I know, not sure but somethings happened in the past never done any checks or anything so I suppose its my own fault

133/225/CLS AMG
What a load of old gash that is!!

I mean by a 'dark past' they could mean a scuff in a car park that was repaired rather than a cut and shut. Let's face it with a lot of cars sitting around for months before they're even bought new, most cars have a repair/paint in their lives anyway.

Last edited:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
What a load of old gash that is!!

I mean by a 'dark past' they could mean a scuff in a car park that was repaired rather than a cut and shut. Let's face it with a lot of cars sitting around for months before they're even bought new, most cars have a rair in their lives anyway.

Exactly.

What house hasn't had any polyfilla in its time?

Typical scaremongering from journalists that have no idea.

172 Cup
I'm proud to say my 172 cup contributes to that 93%, being a cat D write off in feb 2003, only 5 months after it was first registered! God knows how lol

133/225/CLS AMG
I just bought mine with a dent in the door and scrape on the bumper, hardy think that's a shady past but the b*llocks in this article would lead you to think so!!

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Lol.
By tabloid standards if anything has been replaced it could be judged to be part of a "dark history".

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  09 astra 1.6 T
Mines had a s**t respray on the boot but I think that may be because it's an ex council van so probably had chevrons on. Can see yellow marks under the paint. Hpi clear though lol.

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
"Cars of more than 5 years old", makes my angry sometimes the way the world works, making cars ( and other stuff )to last half the time they could do in theory

Ph2 Clio 172
Having a write off on record does not equal a 'dark secret'. Especially a C or D.

Typical newspaper BS. But then "88% of cars have a HPI report that isn't blank" isn't such a catchy headline...

Clio 182 FF
Mines blatently gone into the back of a car. Brand new headlight, radiator, bumper, grill, aircon pipes. Fully checked it over when I bought it seemed all good. Repairer did a good job on it :D

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
what a load of over dramatic c**t-dribble. DARK HISTORY.

You know whoever wrote it gets the tube to work every morning anyway.