ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

98 Ron Or Normal Petrol In My 182??

Dyson
As above. The missus drives the car all week and i take it out for a thrash 2 or 3 times a week.

Am I a better to use super stuff for my performance and just keep to normal the rest of the time or should i use super all the time???????

Is it much better for the engine?

:evil: I can't really notice any differance having tried both?

172 Cup
Use Vpower for a week and then use supermarket unleaded for a week and then tell us if you notice a differance.

To sum up the other 517 posts on this subject (sorry ;) ) it's best to use vpower or Ultimate.

182 - conneries de c
I use Super unleaded all the time only because it said so on the fuel flap!

I always use Tescos or Shell if there isn't a Tesco near by!! Tescos is a 99 RON rating i believe.

Can't comment on the performance as have nothing to compare, sorry mate.

Switching between the two too frequently (i.e. alternating 98/95 depending who's driving) might be counter-productive performance wise because the ECU adapts to the fuel being used. So if you keep changing its always going to be 'learning' the fuel again, instead of already being set for optimum performance using that type of fuel.

So if you only use 98 when your going for a burn your not going to get the full benefit.

Do a search if you want to read the in's and out's of petrol choice.

Monaco Blue Mk2
If you use v-power you are likely to get better MPG (good for when the missus is driving) and also better engine cleaning properties in the fuel. Any power difference is debateable.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
MadSi said:
Whats the typical mpg for the 172 mk2? Averaging around 35 atm in mine

I haven't reset mine for around 4000 miles and it's on 35.7 so thats my average, but i do alot of motorway miles.

My girlfriend once got 45mpg from Chandler's Ford to Bristol and back in our Mk2 172.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid
Think you will find that the car should be run on 97 ron or whatever it states on filler cap/handbook. By putting in normal 95 ron you will just be making the car not perform as it is supposed to. 97 ron SUL is like 2p a litre more expensive at sainsbury's, so why not use it over 95 ron. You tend to get better mpg too. That's what I find.....

And regardless of how teh car is driven or who drives it, it will always respond better with 97 ron.

This argument will run forever. lol

Put in what you feel works for you imo.

I always run Super in mine (valver) as it runs smoother, despite what people say. :)

172 cup
Fletch123 said:
I haven't reset mine for around 4000 miles and it's on 35.7 so thats my average, but i do alot of motorway miles.

My girlfriend once got 45mpg from Chandler's Ford to Bristol and back in our Mk2 172.

my gauge says about 35.7 but it actually works out below 33 mpg

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
I cant stop thrashing mine to get a decent reading, on a 20 mile run to work after filling up and in moderate dual carridgeway traffic I got 38mpg, on the way home it was down to 31 but I sped a little