ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

997 and ph1

172 ph1
Got really nervous and had to stop the car as my dad guided me in close to his 911...had to explain to him that i really didnt want to risk scratching the clio :p

911nclio_zps31416d22.jpg

Attachments

• 911 n clio.jpg
    911 n clio.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 95
  Range Rover Sport
Re: 911 and ph1

I think the graphic and wheels let the 997 down.

Clio looks nice though!

Volvo XC60 T8

Looks more 997 than 996.

The Chav wheels and stickers are not needed.

They look really similar from the side. The mirrors and shape of the bumpers and rear lights give it away though..oh and the .97 wheels.

About the same but if that ones a carrera S it will have the 3.8 355bhp engine so slightly quicker than the .96 3.4/3.6 300/325bhp engine.

172 ph1

The car is a 997 carrera s...as for wheels they are from a special edition model and worth a small fortune! The decal isn't my cup of tea at all but my dad loves a sticker or 2! Obviously the clio is faster :p

An orange one
Surely not genuine Carrera classic wheels??!! Impressive if so!

Love 997 Porsches! Not a fan of that sticker though Tbh

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I like the wheels. Not keen on the sticker though.

172 ph1
The 911 is awesome with the pdk box etc and is rapid but can't beat the fun of the tin can clio

Range Rover Sport
C4S is more fun than a Clio if driven well, so that point is moot.

and that's arguable the worse handling (911) they did.

Masses off understeer on the way in, followed by masses of oversteer on the way out. Pushed hard it oversteers but going into the corners its prone to understeer so makes the perfect line a little difficult.

So what you're saying is that the 4wd car is not as good as the 2wd car in similar guise. Which everyone knows anyway. Unless it's wet.

Not that its THE worst handling 911. ;)

Range Rover Sport
So what you're saying is that the 4wd car is not as good as the 2wd car in similar guise. Which everyone knows anyway. Unless it's wet.

Not that its THE worst handling 911. ;)

I'm guessing you've not drove these cars...

I bought my first 4S for 2 reasons, 1) Believing the sales rep 2) The 996 4S had the 'turbo' body and turbo 'style' wheels. Also being the later 996 it had the 3.6 engine which is a much improved version over the earlier 3.4 but do suffer with piston / ring problems.

I then went with a 997 4S which in my heart was the wrong decision but my head won the fight as at the time the 4S seemed to hold better re-sale value.

Anyway going back on to the topic of the 4S, at the time of sale Porsche was suggesting it indeed was as good if not better than the comparable C2. This could of just been a sales tactic which I believed the first time around.

But without doubt the 4 / 4S is a pretty poor 'performance' car considering Porsche got it pretty much spot on in terms of chasis.

( Sorry for the life story, just thought i'd give you an example of where I was coming from in terms of the 4s )

I owned a 997 4S for 2.5 years also :)

It was simply an epic car. Ok, not as fun as the 2S but I certainly didn't have any problems with its handling.

I wouldn't own a 2S simply because it looks puney next to a 4S. 911s need the widebody in my opinon.

The brakes are also better on the 4S

Range Rover Sport
Awesome, wasn't being funny with my reply.

What made you go with the 4S ? Mine was basalt black with black interior.

No offence taken.

I personally don't like the look of the 2S, it looks too skinny (in comparison to the 4S). I loved the wide hips!

Plus I wanted all year ability. Drove mine on ice and snow with no problems.

Enough from me on this, lets get the thread get back on topic :)

EDIT: ^GT3 Aero Kit is for heroes. Those wheels are different to the one in the OP though. They're the ones I like.

Last edited: