ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

9hrs this weekend for a bit of 182 TLC

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Spent about three hours yesterday, giving the car a wash, clay and wipe-down with some intensive tar remover. As expected, the area just behind the front wheels was fairly 'rough' with deposits - not the easiest thing to see against black gold! ;) I also got a couple of larger washers on the heat-shield tray above the backbox, which stopped a minor vibration.

Anyways, around 10.30 this morning, I got stuck into Round 2. I gave it another quick wash and then started with the Menzerna & 3M pad combo on my PC. I have to say that the initial results are massively superior to the Sonus pads and Sonus SFX-1 that I've used in the past. I'm still an absolute novice at all this detailing malarkey, but I could tell that these two products together were producing better results. Followed it up with the usual Sonus pad & AG SRP combo too.

Some pics during the course of this afternoon....

Washed and ready to go....

DSCN4409.jpg

Near-side front wing

DSCN4413.jpg

Passenger door looking from the ground up. I've been on my back a fair few times today - lol!!!

DSCN4417.jpg

Down the passenger side...

DSCN4419.jpg

Rear flank

DSCN4420.jpg

Rear flank again

DSCN4422.jpg

Roof view

DSCN4423.jpg

Another roof view

DSCN4424.jpg

Might have a flat battery in the morning - the radio was on the whole time! ;)

DSCN4427.jpg

The boot came up well

DSCN4429.jpg

DSCN4430.jpg

Black gold showed up well overall, too

DSCN4431.jpg

Not a good pic of the rear corner - looked a lot better without the camera, tbh...

DSCN4432.jpg

Passenger side again

DSCN4433.jpg

Driver's side...

DSCN4437.jpg

Pretty much done before it got hit with a coating of EGP

DSCN4438.jpg

All in all, a really good day. I've still got quite a few spider-webs going on and a few deeper scratches that I'm a bit unsure as to how best to tackle - if at all! The front bumper and bonnet could really do with a respray if I'm honest, but 62k+ mileage is going to create a fair few chips over time anyway. I think those are really beyond the help of mere detailing.

I'm aching a bit now though - mainly from PC RSI! Oh, and I sorted the tyres out at the very end - I didn't leave them like that. ;)

D.

Civic Type S GT
I think it's only fair that you come and clean my rb182 now!lol! Very very nice job I must say! What exhaust is that you got, looks spot on!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Mate what a way to show the BG! Well done!

Really shows up well mate, mine is a nightmare to get looking mint!

BG is an absolute pig to get clean - and then looks great for a few hours afterwards - lol! Although the end result is worth it, I think I've had my fingers burnt with a black car. Never, ever again!

I think it's only fair that you come and clean my rb182 now!lol! Very very nice job I must say! What exhaust is that you got, looks spot on!

It's the KTR-Janspeed Super Sports one, m8 - without the centre silencer. :)

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1264

D.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Excellent!!!

As you know, i was too much of a pussy for BG, i lasted 7 months lol