ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A 172/182? whats the difference in them?

My bicycle!!
Right what are the differences beteen the 172 and 182? what are the specs on them, like 0-60 times, top speed?

Also whats the trophy it just another edition to the clio range?

And also cup packs and things like that? what are they all about!

Sorry about all the questions!

:rolleyes:

all avaliable in a search.

the trophy is a limited run of 500 uk cars. cup packs are 182 only, basically you get the cup spoiler and spliter in the spoiler pack, with the suspension pack you get lower, stiffer dampers and springs, wider track and anthracite alloys.

182 has a twin exhaust, where as a 172 is hidden, the 182 runs a different exhaust manifold, and different fuel map to suit.

My bicycle!!
all avaliable in a search.

the trophy is a limited run of 500 uk cars. cup packs are 182 only, basically you get the cup spoiler and spliter in the spoiler pack, with the suspension pack you get lower, stiffer dampers and springs, wider track and anthracite alloys.

182 has a twin exhaust, where as a 172 is hidden, the 182 runs a different exhaust manifold, and different fuel map to suit.
ah i see!

i seen your car in performance french mag!

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
On paper - 10bhp.

On the road in a straight line - nothing.

Twin exhaust and different wheels.

Cup packs are lower/stiffer suspension, chin and boot spoiler and wheels painted grey.

Trophys are the cream - think of them as the final stage of evolution for the 1*2. Even better suspension (that is adjustable isn't it?) than the Cups, lightweight wheels (Turinis I think?), Capsicum red paint, a little number plaque showing ***/500, says trophy on the sideskirts, the cup spoiler, Recaro seats. Think that's about it?

If you want a 1*2 and can afford it - get a Trophy, they're the best one. Otherwise, a 172 Cup if you don't mind having crap seats and no toys - they feel the best after the Trophy to drive IMHO - you can really tell they've made an effort with the lightening - then a 182 FF with Cup Packs would be my call. The 182 Cup is a bit pointless - IMHO - it's not a lightweight version like the 172 Cup was, it's just a 182 with no Climate, no Cruise and a crap interior hehe :)

All just my opinions - I've driven them all and that's what I think - other peoples opinions are bound to vary :)

Dan

340i
On paper - 10bhp.

On the road in a straight line - nothing.

Twin exhaust and different wheels.

Cup packs are lower/stiffer suspension, chin and boot spoiler and wheels painted grey.

Trophys are the cream - think of them as the final stage of evolution for the 1*2. Even better suspension (that is adjustable isn't it?) than the Cups, lightweight wheels (Turinis I think?), Capsicum red paint, a little number plaque showing ***/500, says trophy on the sideskirts, the cup spoiler, Recaro seats. Think that's about it?

If you want a 1*2 and can afford it - get a Trophy, they're the best one. Otherwise, a 172 Cup if you don't mind having crap seats and no toys - they feel the best after the Trophy to drive IMHO - you can really tell they've made an effort with the lightening - then a 182 FF with Cup Packs would be my call. The 182 Cup is a bit pointless - IMHO - it's not a lightweight version like the 172 Cup was, it's just a 182 with no Climate, no Cruise and a crap interior hehe :)

All just my opinions - I've driven them all and that's what I think - other peoples opinions are bound to vary :)

Dan

I totally agree

Trophys are the cream - think of them as the final stage of evolution for the 1*2. Even better suspension (that is adjustable isn't it?) than the Cups, lightweight wheels (Turinis I think?), Think that's about it?

Each to there own but the trophy ins'r for many people personaly I'd take any other Clio over one its for me the worst car in the range both seats and suspension and handling wise.

Suspenison isn't adjustable as standard but you cna have the pins removed to have it adjustable. They have a V6 rear spolier and lower struts so it doens't catch the aerial.

Cups do have a fair few toys the only ones I'd care about loosing are the abs the rest is nothing much anyway realy its no poverty spec car.

182 Cup being as its cheaper than a normal full fat you loose the half leather seats and the zenon lights and climate ans just get air con but thats no hardship. People expected it to be an all out rac car when it was releeased but there was no point in doing that or way it could be done so it wasn't meaning everyone on here seems to think its not a proper car.

R53 Cooper S
originally posted by edde
quote:
Each to there own but the trophy ins'r for many people personaly I'd take any other Clio over one its for me the worst car in the range both seats and suspension and handling wise.

ummm..this being the car thats famed for its suspension and awesome handling:S it's the trophys party piece after all, oh and the recaros are the sex imo:rasp:

only thing i don't like is the ghastly paint:dead: ...oh and the pov spec rear bench:eek:

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner

Could you expand anymore on that? As it just seems a bit weird to me. Not trying to start an argument just to clarify heh - genuine interest here.

Dan

ummm..this being the car thats famed for its suspension and awesome handling:S it's the trophys party piece after all, oh and the recaros are the sex imo:rasp:
Its famed by certain magazines but do you belive everything they tell you?

I did say each to there own and I'm quite tall the seast are plainyl usles for me they give me back pain as there designed for shorter driver and yes they are nice to look at but to live with if your tall. The new 197 Recaro are great for me though.

The suspension is stupidly over stiff IMO each to there own but in real life its just to much I cannot drive them for long before my back is hurting the handling well each to there own but its not what I like or want.

One interesting thing which you might think about the Focus RS the car with the LSD which test mags and TV presenters compalained about saying it pulled them into ditches etc owners don't say that but if you read the reviews it might put you off speak to the owners and there not.

Could you expand anymore on that? As it just seems a bit weird to me. Not trying to start an argument just to clarify heh - genuine interest here/QUOTE]
Well I'm quite tall so the supports all the wrong place and the seats are to high for me as for the suspesnion well its just to still speak to real life owners who will be honest and the'll all agree the ride isn't oft and supple and to me I if I wanted a still all out race car I'd buy a race car.
Trophy ftw
The win of what?