ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A bit of practice and....

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Well, a while back I well and truly ruined one of my pretty painted o.z f1's....

I managed to source another wheel from a loyal CS'er but had no colour code or anything to match up against. After considering a lot of different options I decided to go for it and see what I could achieve anyway (with the idea that if I could get a similar colour and make a good job of it, I could re-lip one of the wheels on the car the same colour, that way each side of the car would match).

What I cleverly did to my wheel:

photo11.jpg

photo6.jpg

The wheel I sourced, started like this:

photo2-3.jpg

I primed the wheel, masked off the lip, painted it black, let it dry, removed and remasked to reveal just the lip and sprayed the green (I no realise there are easier ways now).

The tyre is coming off, so please excuse it... lol!

photo-2.jpg

photo2-4.jpg

It just needs lacquering but I'm pretty damn happy with the results if I'm honest.

Now I'm just going to re-lip one of the wheels on the car, and voila!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Cheers chaps.

Mat, one more, honest! You can't see both sides of the car at the same time, so unless it's really obvious, I'll just be doing one more.

CLIO PH1 172
i think you should paint your tyres green!!!! looks like a very good job you have done though mate !!

-did i see you at ace car breakers today??(swanscombe)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Is that.....

That there.....

WTF......

Is that a.....

BUDGET TYRE?!!?!!?!?!
photo11.jpg

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
You've done a fantastic job on that!
The green looks more or less spot on, from the pics.

Cheers mate, it's close but not perfect, I'll do the other wheel next week, so I'll have matching pairs, but I'll mask up the whole tyre! LOL!

nice job mate :)

Cheers, thanks again for the alloy! :)

Great effort, that!

LOL @ the tyre though.

It's coming off anyway, I prefer to fit pairs :) I think it'll scrub off anyways tbh. :D

looks nice! great job! how did you manage to do that to your original alloy? lol

Cheers mate, someone decided they were going to move into my lane without checking, I went into a bus lane to avoid, but there had been a crash/break down there recently, I skidded on the sand that was put down and hit a kerb.

great effort, looks spot on, was it just a rattle can jobbie?

Cheers, yeah just rattle can's and practice :)

Good effort!! Could have had the tyre taken off first though.

Cheers mate, it's coming off anyway, more hassle than it's worth, cheaper to have it taken off as I have a new one put on ya see. :)

i think you should paint your tyres green!!!! looks like a very good job you have done though mate !!

-did i see you at ace car breakers today??(swanscombe)

LOL, me and my mate said about green tyres when we'd done this! It'd be quite fun really!

No I wasn't there mate, I was down around sidcup etc, had been to the motorfactors near swanley?

Good job on that Rob.

Cheers mate, it's no red though. ;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Did you do that with rattle cans or a comp?

If you did do it with rattle cans, you deserve a medal. The finish looks glass smooth!

53 Clio's & counting
Actually, thats the only budget id have if I had to - the Bravarius is good for a cheapy!

I sell tons of Barums at work lol

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Did you do that with rattle cans or a comp?

If you did do it with rattle cans, you deserve a medal. The finish looks glass smooth!

Rattle can's :D

No lacquer yet though, which I'm scared of.

The ford gloss black on those wheels is bloody lovely to work with, comes out so nice, but I have a real issue with lacquer... too much and it makes the base coat look very dark/dull, too little and it looks orange peel'y. I can't fecking win! With that in mind, a body shop is going to lacquer it for me if I can find one who doesn't insist on ripping me off.

Actually, thats the only budget id have if I had to - the Bravarius is good for a cheapy!

I sell tons of Barums at work lol

I heard they were the best of a bad bunch tbh, no defending myself though.