ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A bit weird but...

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Id say bring your dad along too. Breaks the ice that way and easier if your a bit nervous.

Ive met s**t loads of people from here from all over the country over the years and thay have all been great.

Infact i only met @leeds2592 over the weekend for the first time (but spoke on here for a while) and we got on great. He even let me bum him on the first night. That wont happen to you though! :wink:

RenaultVirgin

Leeds & Surrounding
ClioSport Area Rep
  Integra Type R DC5
Id say bring your dad along too. Breaks the ice that way and easier if your a bit nervous.

Ive met s**t loads of people from here from all over the country over the years and thay have all been great.

Infact i only met @leeds2592 over the weekend for the first time (but spoke on here for a while) and we got on great. He even let me bum him on the first night. That wont happen to you though! :wink:
Not sure about bringing my dad along. I feel like he'd just be there because I want to be there. A bit like when I was younger and he would follow me around the game shop. Maybe i'll bring him just for the first one, he has a bad image of car meets in his head that they are like they were back in the early noughties in the Fast and Furious era.

Also im glad that wont happen to me...😂

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5

Haha, thanks mate, I can remember pretty much all the night bar going to sleep so that could well have happened! Just don't tell Emily.....

@RenaultVirgin we've been on about having a meet for a while and the lads I met at the weekend at CSF were nice guys and easy to get on with. They were all up for a meet as well, it's just a case of finding a day when most people are free.

RenaultVirgin

Leeds & Surrounding
ClioSport Area Rep
  Integra Type R DC5
Haha, thanks mate, I can remember pretty much all the night bar going to sleep so that could well have happened! Just don't tell Emily.....

@RenaultVirgin we've been on about having a meet for a while and the lads I met at the weekend at CSF were nice guys and easy to get on with. They were all up for a meet as well, it's just a case of finding a day when most people are free.
Sounds good. Anywhere this stuff is posted or kept up to date? I don't want to be left out of the loop:grin:

Not sure about bringing my dad along. I feel like he'd just be there because I want to be there. A bit like when I was younger and he would follow me around the game shop. Maybe i'll bring him just for the first one, he has a bad image of car meets in his head that they are like they were back in the early noughties in the Fast and Furious era.

Also im glad that wont happen to me...😂
eh, don't knock it til you've tried it. Nothing wrong with a bit of casual bumming amongst heterosexual men....

large groups of men...

RenaultVirgin

Leeds & Surrounding
ClioSport Area Rep
  Integra Type R DC5
@RenaultVirgin i only live in harrogate mate so if a local meet gets sorted i dont mind coming along and getting you if you like? Im one of the younger ones on here and im yet to meet people on here aswell although i have spoken to a couple.
If you'd be willing to do that then I would be more than grateful! I think all that's left to do now is to organise a meet. What do you think @leeds_182 ?:wink:

RenaultVirgin

Leeds & Surrounding
ClioSport Area Rep
  Integra Type R DC5
I agree, someone should arrange something.
From the man himself.

Right, clearly something needs organising. I think I will start a thread to gauge interest and availability for a meet/drive whatever sometime in July. I'll leave specifics to someone else.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
It's not weird at all pal - My first CS meet was years ago, I turned up in a knackered 172 Cup and stood about 5 meters back from the circle of members awkwardly laughing along at inside club jokes I didn't understand. I'm sure once the meet is organised someone will be happy to pay an Uber for you, cough, I mean give you a lift! :tongueclosed:.

RenaultVirgin

Leeds & Surrounding
ClioSport Area Rep
  Integra Type R DC5
It's not weird at all pal - My first CS meet was years ago, I turned up in a knackered 172 Cup and stood about 5 meters back from the circle of members awkwardly laughing along at inside club jokes I didn't understand. I'm sure once the meet is organised someone will be happy to pay an Uber for you, cough, I mean give you a lift! :tongueclosed:.
Hahaha the awkward first meeting lol I'll be dm'ing a few people soon about the meet.

RenaultVirgin

Leeds & Surrounding
ClioSport Area Rep
  Integra Type R DC5
I'm not far from pudsey @RenaultVirgin so if there's ever a meet on don't mind coming for you, you'd just have to bring some ear protectors so you don't go deaf 😂

Get @dann2707 to bring some earplugs hahah

@dann2707 only deals in butt plugs.
Didnt get any notifications for these posts :unamused:

And @Sj1782 if you'd be willing to then that would be quality:up: i'll just bring some of my own butt plu... I mean ear protectors:tongueclosed:

Hi everyone. This is a bit of a strange request but I'm proper into my cars and especially french cars however I have never been to any kind of meet or car event. As i'm only 17 and have a provisional license I cant really take myself and don't fancy turning up with L plates on and having to drag my dad along with me (although he does like cars, I don't think he would enjoy FCS and the like) so I would like to ask if anyone from the Leeds/Bradford area (or maybe further away) would be willing to take me along with them to any events, shows or meets. Also I'd prefer if you were a bit younger cos we'd most likely get along better. If anyone wouldn't mind helping me, maybe putting me in touch with someone you know or if you think this is a bad idea:tearsofjoy: please let me know either via this thread or dm'ing me.
Thanks

I feel your pain, still on L plates myself. I take off the L plates, my dad drives it there and then drives it home :)

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Welcome to the club.
Everyone has a first car meet at some point.
I think mine was In Southend in 2011.
Nothing wrong with taking your dad along.

RenaultVirgin

Leeds & Surrounding
ClioSport Area Rep
  Integra Type R DC5
Welcome to the club.
Everyone has a first car meet at some point.
I think mine was In Southend in 2011.
Nothing wrong with taking your dad along.
Cheers mate :) For a minute there I genuinely thought you were actually from the Middle-East. Then my brain kicked in :p

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
They are all out in the bondu at the moment.
But seriously I do actually live and work in Saudi Arabia.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
I am a Survival Equipment Tech and Instructor for BAE teaching the Royal Saudi Airforce.
I was in the RAF for 12 years before doing this.