ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A/C help!

Clio 197, BMW 525
Hi guys,
Newbie here. Picked myself up a lovely '07 197 (38k on the clock) yesterday in the UK and brought it back to Ireland with me. Very happy with it except half way home I noticed the air conditioning isn't working. The little red light goes on but that's it - no click or noticeable sound from the car to suggest anything is happening, and definitely no cool air. I had a look at the fuse box and they all seem fine. 😧

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Last edited:
  Clio 197, BMW 525
May need a regas
Thank you mate. I hope that's all it is. I was reading somewhere that there's a sound from the car when the ac starts (drop in power?) but thought if there's no sound then wouldn't that indicate that a part isn't working?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Thank you mate. I hope that's all it is. I was reading somewhere that there's a sound from the car when the ac starts (drop in power?) but thought if there's no sound then wouldn't that indicate that a part isn't working?
I believe there's a pressure switch, so if there's no gas in the system, it doesn't engage.

Fingers crossed that's all that is required