ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A cold winters evening in London - Pic Heavy

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Well I took a chance and visited London again last night, its been a while since I have taken the camera with me. The risk paid off with the weather with nice clear skies making for some nice photo opportunities. I tried a few different locations, and also a few random street shots.

I may add a few more when I get a bit more time to edit them.

c&c Welcome as always!

8228880205_a27a4b80a6_b.jpg

8228879879_b1ab363ce8_b.jpg

8228879653_bb8263b252_b.jpg

8229945316_75ca80e8de_b.jpg

8229945070_45afe90007_b.jpg

8229944854_d1dbf4959b_b.jpg

8228878223_c2352d3ec3_b.jpg

8228877995_59340a2991_b.jpg

8228877755_9022f01132_b.jpg

8228877493_631a9f1deb_b.jpg

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Some very nice shots :) what kit are you using?

Out of interest, what were the reactions when you were taking pictures on the tube?

SG9 Forester STi
Those are awesome!

Lol @ the look you're getting from the woman on the left in pic 7.

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Some very nice shots :) what kit are you using?

Out of interest, what were the reactions when you were taking pictures on the tube?

Thanks, I am using a Nikon d300s and used 10.5 f2.8 fisheye & 10-20mm Sigma for these shots.

People didn't really notice I was taking photos, I had the camera leant against my leg on a tripod and triggered it with my remote shutter release.

Those are awesome!

Lol @ the look you're getting from the woman on the left in pic 7.

Cheers, Yea she didn't impressed lol!

2.2 bar shed.
6, 9 & 10 lack a subject. Rest are pretty decent. Was this last night? I froze walking from Blackfriars to Southwark, screw walking all along Southbank to Tower Bridge!

Focus ST-3
Love all of them!!!! Wish i had the time, money and passion to do something like this!!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Superb Matt! 4 takes it for me but love the sky in 3.

How are you editing mate? Any of the pictures shot with multiple exposures and stacked?

Pic 8 for me is fantastic - love the street style fish eye stuff

The shots of the bridge and everything are lovely it's just that they've been done sooooo many times now they all look identical :(

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Cheers for all the comments guys! :)

@luke - They are all single exposures, they are all edited in lightroom 4.

Hi Matt

The people shots are the strongest imo with the waiting for the tube shot my favorite.

The night shots all look a little soft, even at this small size. It could be camera shake blur or slightly out of focus. Looking at Big Ben, houses of parliament in first shot, buildings to left of london eye in 2nd, the spires in Tower Bridge shot.

Really nice work dude. I work just off of Southwark Bridge near bankside, so very familiar stomping ground for me :)

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Hi Matt

The people shots are the strongest imo with the waiting for the tube shot my favorite.

The night shots all look a little soft, even at this small size. It could be camera shake blur or slightly out of focus. Looking at Big Ben, houses of parliament in first shot, buildings to left of london eye in 2nd, the spires in Tower Bridge shot.

Thanks for the crit Brazo, the first one could be down the f stop and depth of field of the photo. The other two (London eye and tower bridge could be effected by a little bit of camera shake from the bridges movement. However both of them were taken with my 10-20 who has seen better days lol.

Thnks for the kind words guys :)

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Cheers again guys, might have a few more to post up in the next few days, going to take Look at them tonight.

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
Great pictures of some very photographed places! I really like the clean and crisp feel to them. Do you shoot in Vivid mode or leave it on standard/neutral?

Oil Burner
Amazing shots mate. Not to put down your images from 2011 but these blow those out of the water. A huge improvement. I would be over the moon to produce any of these shots!

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Great pics mate.

cheers darling!

Great pictures of some very photographed places! I really like the clean and crisp feel to them. Do you shoot in Vivid mode or leave it on standard/neutral?

i shoot in standard mode on the camera in RAW format.

Amazing shots mate. Not to put down your images from 2011 but these blow those out of the water. A huge improvement. I would be over the moon to produce any of these shots!

Cheers Nick, it was this year when we went lol. Feels like a year ago tho. :)

Only just seen this thread.

Cracking pics mate, can't really fault any of them apart from the last one which seems a bit of a 'I'll take a snap here and see what it's like' shot. Doesn't really fit with the standard of the other shots, which are superb!

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Only just seen this thread.

Cracking pics mate, can't really fault any of them apart from the last one which seems a bit of a 'I'll take a snap here and see what it's like' shot. Doesn't really fit with the standard of the other shots, which are superb!

Cheers Dan :)

Bloody awesome shots! :approve:

Nice bit of kit too mate!

Thanks again, I have my eyes on D800 over crimbo so might need to make another trip lol!