ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

a continental tale...

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..

having bought my new alloys i sold my continental rubber to a m8 who put them on his 1.4 clio driven mostly by his bird, the other day she was on the motorway doin bout 80mph when there was a double blow out, two of my old original 172 tyres, the car rolled a few times, smashed to bits, luckily shes only got cuts n bruises concussion etc, but i think that maybe couldve bin me eh :eek:

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..

scary huh, theyre ok with me, she wants another clio tho as even after rolling she is still alive, i think without 172 alloys n cont package tho. :eek:

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

The chances of two tyres going at the same time are astranomical.

More than likely,

1) there was some debree on the road that caused it or
2) the tyres were fitted incorrectly to the wheels.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

the recalls for michelin tyres and you replace them with continentals.sounds like she run over something on the road.

The odds against a double blowout occurring due to a manufacturing defect or poor mounting are astronomical. Chances are that either a pothole or the like was the culprit.

I lived in Ireland and can assure you that double blowouts were quite common there. Potholes hidden in puddles were the usual cause.