ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A Fair Price?!?

HI guys, new on year but been reading the project and media threads for a while. Basically now have a possible opportunity to get a 172 which Ive been after for quite a while. Question I have to the experienced folk out there is whats a fair price for what? I know its difficult to say, but Ive seen 2002 172 68k for £2500. Then theres 172 cups with 70-80k for £3500-4000?!? Really want to get something with max 60,000, either 172 or 172 cup, anyone got an idea of a fair asking price?
Also anyone had any experience of Gatwick Used Cars?
Thanks!
Tom

Arctic Blue 182 FF
Hi tom and welcome,

I too am fairly new to clio's, however my 2005 182 FF which I bought last week, has 47k on the clock, fsh, and all belts and 'biggies' done at last service 8k ago. I paid £4395, not a mark on the car, apart from a half broken exhaust trim, and flaking to one alloy, but very minor. Hope this gives you a better idea.

Impreza Wagon
Seems like a fair price 172 cups seem to hold their value very well! Just make sure the belts have been changed.

Clio 182
I have been looking at those clios at the gatwick car centere. theres 4 plus a megane 225. The 172 cups have been there for around 8 months. possible chance of knocking the price down!

OK guys thats great thanks for the opinion. It looks like the cups are really holding their own on the market. Something to look out for I suppose!

Telboi_Clio_182 - Yeh mate I know they have a few, went and had a peak at one around 8 months ago and it was similar thing 60k around £4000, look ok from down the road but upon closer inspection was a bag of s***e!

A bit torn to be honest, like the 172 comforts, but dont wanna miss out on the track biased cup!! Leaning towards tidy 172, stick some turinis on etc.

Clio 182
yeah, i have a 182 non cup.......I have heard alot about standard 172's being such a great car. the cups are just lighter and sportier suspension. Turinis are a good few hundred quid so the extra you would pay on top of a standard 172 you might aswell go for the cup!

Are you near redhill way?

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
OK guys thats great thanks for the opinion. It looks like the cups are really holding their own on the market. Something to look out for I suppose!

Telboi_Clio_182 - Yeh mate I know they have a few, went and had a peak at one around 8 months ago and it was similar thing 60k around £4000, look ok from down the road but upon closer inspection was a bag of s***e!

A bit torn to be honest, like the 172 comforts, but dont wanna miss out on the track biased cup!! Leaning towards tidy 172, stick some turinis on etc.

3250k will get you a MINT sub 50k 172 in a decent colour
3.5k will get you a MINT sub 50k 172 cup
Prices are for a 03 or 53 plate car

horses for courses-

S

Steve@R-Sport Cars - Thats a good bit of info cheers! Seen a few of your ads actually assuming there yours. Going on that I think some of the traders need to be knocked down on price.

Agreed I suppose the extra cash could go towards the cup but then no half leather, no air con etc. Although I dont have that now and get on alright!

Telboi_Clio_182 - Yes mate pretty much, used to live in Redhill, now in Leatherhead so only down the M25. Where abouts are you? Many meets happen in Surrey lol!?! Ive seen a few in Boxhill couple of times.
Thanks
Tom

Stripped yozza'd cup
I've heard some awful stories about cars from Gatwick car centre. I'd avoid if I was you.

Also, I live in Crawley, so not far from you either.

Definitely cup ftw :)

Bare in mind that there's a few cups floating around with air con....

Last edited:
I've heard some awful stories about cars from Gatwick car centre. I'd avoid if I was you.

Also, I live in Crawley, so not far from you either.

Definitely cup ftw :)

Bare in mind that there's a few cups floating around with air con....

Thats very interesting to hear. When I went down he had 2 cups, this was ages ago, asking way too much for them. One was in good condition and the other was a sad story, had turini's that looked like they had been painted with dulux, someone decided they didnt like the rear wiper, so just tore it off! Almost wanted to take it home just to sort the thing out! Its a shame that they have so many for sale if they are bad traders, they are all over priced imo, unfortunately some nice looking examples however, I think Il be giving it a miss. Possibly going to look at a cup Ive found online today.......and its not blue!
Tom

So been looking at a 172 Cup M.Blue, 57k on the clock and cambelt done ay 49, its up for 3500 though, dya think thats a fair price. Did a check and its had 7 owners...its only 8 years old!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
So been looking at a 172 Cup M.Blue, 57k on the clock and cambelt done ay 49, its up for 3500 though, dya think thats a fair price. Did a check and its had 7 owners...its only 8 years old!!

Did you not start a thread on that aready??