ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A familiar face

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
Hey all,
I've been in the lookout for a clio for a little while now and put a wanted advert up on here (thanks for all the responses), however whilst looking through ebay, a very familiar clio appeared.

I was straight on to Ben the seller about it and I was third in the queue, however after quite a lot of messages back and forward i had managed to get her.

After a quick hustle down from Glasgow to Huddersfield on Saturday in my mates new range rover (oh the waft) I was greeted by a very tidy clio and a lovely owner.

After a quick test drive and a once over, the paperwork was signed and I am now the owner of this trophy spec BG.

The car is pretty much immaculate but needs a good going over cleaning wise and a new lambda but apart from that it's all good.

Only a couple of pics after a quick wash before the heavens opened today but yeah I love it.
20161017_182150.jpg

20161017_182254.jpg

Last edited:

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I've seen this in person when ash had it, and its very nice. Headlights (bulbs) seem a bit naff? Also sort the number plates!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I think i'd seen this driven around Huddersfield before, but just dont recognise the plate. Get that changed ASAP though ;) How much did you pay if you dont mind me asking? Looks really clean!

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
I've seen this in person when ash had it, and its very nice. Headlights (bulbs) seem a bit naff? Also sort the number plates!
Sidelights? Yeah they're too yellow I'll need a set that match the headlights in colour,

Any suggestions?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
This was my old car which I built to this spec. Project thread when I had it: http://www.cliosport.net/threads/ashers-bg-182.773952/

Nice to see it is in the hands of a CS member. I did see it when it was advertised on eBay last week.

Just needs the plates changing and Orbisoud exhaust straightening a bit in my opinion, but otherwise looking good.

Take care of her!

We'll I've got you to thank mate its a brilliant little thing, grip even in these conditions is brilliant, needs the rear tyres swapped out to match the fronts, but still really confidence inspiring,
She's still in great nick as well so i'll keep up the good work still so chuffed with it

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
I'll get some better photos up once I get a chance to get it cleaned and sealed properly and out up some decent roads.

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
Small update,

Had a spare 10 minutes are work and decided to remove the evo sticker from the rear screen,

From this

20161018_121430.jpg

To this,

20161018_121742.jpg

It's the little touches...I'll be putting on a cliosport sticker somewhere when I can decide where it would look best.

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
On Saturday I managed to get a couple of things done,
Firstly removed the faulty pre cat lambda....
20161022_130531.jpg

Swapped this out for a shiny new bosch number, cleared codes and now the EML is off, result!
The car was then treated to its first proper clean.

Usual decon process was followed by a clay, the roof was the only bad panel the rest was fine.
The car was then polished with zaino by hand and then a few layers of tough coat were applied to protect it for winter, would have liked to have done more but again the weather was against us.
Few photos from the driveway,
20161022_140504.jpg

20161022_161439.jpg

20161022_161521.jpg

Then went off for a quick blast down some of the country roads and stopped for a couple of more photos,
20161022_164134.jpg

20161022_165450.jpg

Thanks for reading :)

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
Something that bugs me are the centre cap diamonds, they have been painted black....
20161021_175259.jpg

any idea how to get them back to chrome effect or is it just a matter of picking the paint off ?

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
Update,
Due to the lambda being gubbed I was certain the plugs would have been coked up,
My suspicions were correct,
20161028_164222(0).jpg

Good to see the right plugs were in there though.

Followed the guide on here, simply for the torque of the plenum bolts but for anyone else looking to do their own plugs for the first time then I'd recommend the guide.
20161028_165548.jpg

And finally for peace of mind I cleaned out the throttle body, another easy task for anyone with any common sense.
20161028_162539.jpg

That's all folks thanks for reading.

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
After having issues with the seller of the bulbs that were recommended to me @Davyy they finally showed up (with a free pair I might add) so went to it and got them in.
20161115_162345.jpg

A perfect match in reckon?
20161115_162921.jpg

Also in more seasonal news my winters showed up!!!!
20161115_161524_001.jpg

Absolute result these were for the price, goodyear ultragrips for those interested, down south you might not need winters but up here they make the world of difference, will get these on this week if I have the time.

Last edited:

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
Cheers it's a real credit to the previous owners I'll try my best to keep up the good work

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
Something that had been bugging me since I bought it, the wheel diamonds.

They had been painted at some point and as time has went on the paint has started to flake which was ruining the look of an otherwise pretty clean example.

These were removed today whilst waiting on a delivery at work.

20161117_131226.jpg

All I did was slightly heat them in some boiling water and then picked off all the paint and used a toothpick for the harder to reach areas.

20161117_134703.jpg

Much better now :)

20161117_121124.jpg

Tyres to go on tomorrow and just in time I'd say. We've to get some proper icy weather up here from now on apparently.

As always thanks for reading.

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
Thanks yeah it's just a cleaner look.

Agreed on the side bullets just one of the few wee tweaks here and there on this car that just set it off.

I can't claim any credit though.... @Ash J