ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A Ferrari 355 experience...

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
This was what started me off on track driving, wife bought me the day as a present years ago and she's regretted doing so ever since.

The instructor was good/funny/slightly mad, liked my feet, and she kept egging me on to go faster :evil:

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Sounds like you had a good time, my drive of a 355 at Thruxton was the biggest disappointment ever.

Complete load of balls, had to pretty much leave it in 4th & tootle round. Didnt get to hear it scream, something id waited for for years :( Car was a complete nail as well, Ferrari on 160k. ROFL.

Single seater was good though.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I guess I got lucky. I had a ridiculous lack of seat position in the Formula Renault though, couldn't get comfy/see enough to do anything.

How fast was I going in the 355 Fred? Can you tell from how it sounds through 5th/6th?

I was bricking it so much I didn't once look at the clocks the whole time.

110/120/130/140/150?

I've always wondered.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Sounds like you had a good time, my drive of a 355 at Thruxton was the biggest disappointment ever.

Complete load of balls, had to pretty much leave it in 4th & tootle round. Didnt get to hear it scream, something id waited for for years :( Car was a complete nail as well, Ferrari on 160k. ROFL.

Single seater was good though.

FFS I'm doing this next month, lol! Not even doing the single seater...

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
f**k touching the wheel! Get off it! I paid for this!

Hate people touching the wheel when I'm driving :eek:

320d
I loved driving a 355. The noise is epic. The only downside was having to change up at 7500rpm, i suppose its only fair to protect the cars though.

Audi RS4 (B5)
The 'Supercar Experiences' are such a waste of money.
Had one instructor take me out in a Gallardo (love them to bits), and toild me to give it some wellie. It had nothing there! He turned and said "awesome eh?" I couldn't believe how boring it actually was to drive. You 'feel' special inside it, but to drive...???

If you're paying a fair amount of cash for you believe should be to be at least able to nail it in the lower gears on the a straight section of track and can't get it above 3.5k revs, then I think you should a bl00dy refund!

False advertising.

I did one at Thruxton, drove a Mazda 3 MPS, Porsche Cayman, Ferrari F430, didn't redline any of them but once the instructor realised I could drive he let me get on with it, had about 130mph out the 'rarri, was a really good day I thought. You've got to be realistic they not going to let you hammer the sh1t out of it, equally though I would have been gutted if I was plodding round at 3500rpm, you need more laps though, its all over so quick! I was getting quite good by the time I was done!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I did one at Thruxton, drove a Mazda 3 MPS, Porsche Cayman, Ferrari F430, didn't redline any of them but once the instructor realised I could drive he let me get on with it, had about 130mph out the 'rarri, was a really good day I thought. You've got to be realistic they not going to let you hammer the sh1t out of it, equally though I would have been gutted if I was plodding round at 3500rpm, you need more laps though, its all over so quick! I was getting quite good by the time I was done!

Ah that's exactly the one I'm doing - more reassuring to hear! I can't complain though, got it for free :)

Astra SRI/ Hornet
i did a rally experience day and all the slow people got in my way and wasnt allowed to overtake, all they do is nag not teach. your going too fast. shut up you woman. he said at the end of the day i can tell your disappointed this is more a course for beginners.

Lionel Richie
The 'Supercar Experiences' are such a waste of money.
Had one instructor take me out in a Gallardo (love them to bits), and toild me to give it some wellie. It had nothing there! He turned and said "awesome eh?" I couldn't believe how boring it actually was to drive. You 'feel' special inside it, but to drive...???

If you're paying a fair amount of cash for you believe should be to be at least able to nail it in the lower gears on the a straight section of track and can't get it above 3.5k revs, then I think you should a bl00dy refund!

False advertising.

If you go with the people i worked for www.driversdreamdays.co.uk you will hit 150mph without bother

53 Clio's & counting
As Fred has said, you need to research and choose the right place, Iv done the same rally experience 4 times now as you get maximum time in the cars, and you are taught not only how to drive them properly, but you really use them hard, 0-60 in 4 secs on gravel is fun ;)

(Plus he kept hitting me on the helmet with his clip board because I want listening fully to his pace notes as I was trying to find a faster line :eek: )