ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

a few dci questions!

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
Am i right in thinking there are 2 flavours of dci clio....a 65hp and an 80 hp?
If i was to get a 65hp car can it be chipped to make it..errr move?
What insurance group are the 2 cars and is it true the cost £30 a year to road tax?
Is the servicing every 17k and can i expect 55mpg?:D
Phew ta in advance.

CB600FS
Re: a few dci questions!!!

3 in the Mk2's. 65, 80 and 100bhp versions.

Yeah search for Pauls thread about his Mrs's DCI 65, impressive figures before & after on the graph.
Click Here

What insurance group are the 2 cars and is it true the cost £30 a year to road tax?
Depends what extras you've got most are 5 of the top of my head. They're £35 a year road tax.

18K service intervals but wants oil changes at half that at least to be honest. Drive very sensibly way more than 55mpg.

Phew ta in advance.

65 will get about 85 when chipped.

80 will get about 105 when chipped.

£35 road fund.

Insurance group depends between 3 and 6 I think some dci 80 are higher bands than other of the same spec but it doesn't seemingly affect price of quote.

Burgandy 174 sport t
65 is on par with a 1.2 16v imo, chipped I would imagine would be quite a bit nippier, cant remember what the tax was but im sure it was never that cheap in 2002!

Meg on pistonheads £6995
go for it!

£35 tax, 60mpg (53 before re-map), 18K intervals (£67.00 for 54K)

Having easily beat a factory 100 (96bhp & 145lb/ft) in my re-mapped 80 (110 & 180lb/ft), I can vouch for the gains in power......

And having really pissed off a chap in a Suzi Swift Sport (0-60 in 8.9, 123mph) on Friday by sticking to his arse like glue (standing start followed by 5 miles of county roads), I can vouch for the performance

:)

Meg on pistonheads £6995
P.S: the 68 has no intercooler, so about 88bhp is your lot

P.P.S: the factory 100 is higher insurance and tax, so defo go for an 80

Dci 65 is insurance group 2e and has slightly more torque than a 1.6 16v as standard. My wifes has done 68k and although it's never going to set the tarmac alight in real world driving it's far from slow in gear.

cheers stu.

Meg on pistonheads £6995
got be a re-mapped 80 mate

just driven a new shape 106 dCi and it felt SLOOOOOOOOOW

(extra 150kg+ and much less torque in standard trim)

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
Well i think im gonna go for the 80 hp car then map it.
Big iain..where u based? Im gonna be looking for 1 once my cup has gone prob in a weeks time so if you still have it then ill be interested.

Clio Dci100 Dynamique
or you could map the dci 100 if you can find one, mines 130bhp atm & my road tax is only £35 a year :) used to be £50 but its come down. Apparently they wil map to 150bhp but thats takin it a bit far i think

A mapped 80 will neva hav the pace of a mapped 100, my 50-70 in 5th is quicker than a 330d bmw

or you could map the dci 100 if you can find one, mines 130bhp atm & my road tax is only £35 a year :) used to be £50 but its come down. Apparently they wil map to 150bhp but thats takin it a bit far i think

Thats way to extrerme you'd be looking at serious problems at that level and you'd most likly have to be buring biofuels.

Clio Dci100 Dynamique
^ lol, uve seen my times, the'r quite significantly faster than yours, i beleive the variable geo turbo on the 100 is superior too

Weren't u changing to another vehicle last i heard?

Meg on pistonheads £6995
GPS times? don't remember seeing them - what are they?

Still planning on a GT dCi, but prices still too high (£15800 new, £15K second-hand) AND

standard car ain't that much quicker at legal speeds and not having a lot of luck with definite re-map figures.

plenty will say 'yes', but only one has given an exact figure and I wouldn't let that particular firm make me a cup of tea!

Clio Dci100 Dynamique
^ Have you tried RS Tuning or Angel Tuning?

I think its hard for ppl to quote exact figures in terms of gains as some make less and some make more...

When i went to RS Tuning i didn't have an exact figure in mind, but wen i got it on the rollers (which also vary lol) then it came out at 130bhp - but who knows the reality lol

Clio Dci100 Dynamique
The original tests were something like 0-60 in 8.5 secs, 0-90 in 17secs, 50-70 in 5th 6.5secs but that was with a full belly of supermarket fuel

Ive managed to clock some quicker times since then usin the more expensive ultimate diesel & ensuring the tank is much much lower tho

Must be cos less weight & find the cleaner fuel produces a smoother ride & significantly less smoke - find i get more MPG that way too :)

Think last 50-70 in 5th i took was about 5.8 secs.

Made a typing mistke in my orignial post tho, i put 330d wen i meant 330i

Meg on pistonheads £6995
^ wow - quick

mine's GPS'd at 9.3, 21 secs to 90, 50-70 in 7.4

noticed the difference running on empty, but 50L is approx 50kg, so 5%!

P.S: have you got a K&N panel filter? so much better

was wheezy before @ 3800, will pull strongly to about 4800 now!

Clio Dci100 Dynamique
Nah i didn't bother with induction cos was advised that it was more fueling that made power in diesels and that too much air could actually reduce power.

I ignored it, bought an induction kit, took it to the rolling road & sure enuf the power was less :dapprove:

That was before the map tho so don't know how or if it would affect it now...

Have you tried it with and without?

Tbh it FELT faster with the induction kit, but that must hav been cos of the noise cos it was slower in practice

Meg on pistonheads £6995
no, not induction kit, just £35 panel filter to help it breathe - tuuuuunes

got one for our Xsara HDi 140 too - awesome Q car - needs a 6th gear cos rips past 120 in 5th well past 4K power peak!

50L is approx 50kg, so 5%!

P.S: have you got a K&N panel filter? so much better

was wheezy before @ 3800, will pull strongly to about 4800 now!
No need for a panle filter miens goes to 5k easily all the time stock.

50 liters of fuel is approx 35kg though not 50kg

Nah i didn't bother with induction cos was advised that it was more fueling that made power in diesels and that too much air could actually reduce power.

I ignored it, bought an induction kit, took it to the rolling road & sure enuf the power was less :dapprove:

Yes fuel makes the power in diesel smoke the only limiter realy.

It won't reduce power though unless its a restrictibve design (and the whole point of them is there bigger as such.

Clio Dci100 Dynamique
Yeah think the 35kg quoted is prob more accurate, as diesel obviously lighter than water.

Ppl keep talkin bout the 'chocolate box' but i'm yet to see any evidence of a dci 100 box actually failing due to a map. Mines been running over 190lbs/ft for some months now & ive had no issues box wise watsoever

I'm sure some serious abuse may shorten its life lol, but that could happen with any car that was treated harshly

I reckon you get out what u put in, and if you cain it all teh time ure gonna hav problems with stuff breaking / wearing out sumwhere along the line, but seeing as the torque only peaks at 2k, for general driving i don't see the issue :S

Last edited:
  CB600FS
Ppl keep talkin bout the 'chocolate box' but i'm yet to see any evidence of a dci 100 box actually failing due to a map. Mines been running over 190lbs/ft for some months now & ive had no issues box wise watsoever

I'm sure some serious abuse may shorten its life lol, but that could happen with any car that was treated harshly

They don't fail because of a map, they fail because they're shite. I've seen plenty of evidence. JR5s are crap.

I've had no problems and I've molested mine for about 15 months now.

Toms right the box is rubish realy its not terriba;le but hney they could have done a lot better.

You have a DCi 80 though don't you? They have the JC5 which is better as usied on the 172/182's etc not the Lagauns etc.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I've had no problems and I've molested mine for about 15 months now.

Toms right the box is rubish realy its not terriba;le but hney they could have done a lot better.

You have a DCi 80 though don't you? They have the JC5 which is better as usied on the 172/182's etc not the Lagauns etc.

Indeed I do, though I was just refering to dci100's "thrashing kills cars" statement.

CB600FS
Mines had hard abuse from 69k to 85k at the minute, 4 oil changes in that time though only a few fire rings being the most major problems so far but 5 minute fix.

Edit- If the 100 had a decent and or 6 speed box, I'd have one in a flash.

Clio Dci100 Dynamique
I'm quite keen to know where these statistics are coming from, usually one person says something and all the others simply repeat it like they know wot they're talkin bout, ive heard the rumours, show me the actual evidence ;)