ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A few of my sleeper VX220

Elise/VX220/R26
First proper going over its had since we had a baby 5 1/2 months ago. She actually sat and watched me do the last hour :D

DSC_0719%20%5b1024x768%5d.jpg

DSC_0738%20%5b1024x768%5d.jpg

DSC_0740%20%5b1024x768%5d.jpg

DSC_0743%20%5b1024x768%5d.jpg

DSC_0755%20%5b1024x768%5d.jpg

Bit of fun in the engine bay ;)

DSC_0759%20%5b1024x768%5d.jpg

DSC_0770%20%5b1024x768%5d.jpg

DSC_0771%20%5b1024x768%5d.jpg

DSC_0776%20%5b1024x768%5d.jpg

DSC_0778%20%5b1024x768%5d.jpg

DSC_0779%20%5b1024x768%5d.jpg

DSC_0789%20%5b1024x768%5d.jpg

Where the magic happens

DSC_0758%20%5b1024x768%5d.JPG

DSC_0795%20%5b1024x768%5d.jpg

While it's got a SC tucked in there it's hardly a sleeper when it's a low slung lightweight sports car in the first place ;)

PH1 iceburg
SHould have taken it too total vauxhall live yesterday. there was some rapid ones on track.

Elise/VX220/R26
Standard car does have 100 BHP less. The turbo version looks reasonably different having the big ears and spoiler/different wheels. Even then the tubby only has 200 BHP and weighs more ;)

Elise/VX220/R26
Awesome! Good to see you back in one!

Didn't you have a Z4?

Hi Justin

Yeah the Z4M went when we found out the baby was on the way. Had to get something to fill the gap :D

Loving the Evora by the way I have a serious soft spot for them!

Suzuki Jimny
Love it.

Have a mate called seb, had a silver supercharged one that was incredibly fast. Need one tbh.

Standard car does have 100 BHP less. The turbo version looks reasonably different having the big ears and spoiler/different wheels. Even then the tubby only has 200 BHP and weighs more ;)

If you're a car geek you'll know that but to most "normal" people on the road they'll assume it's quicker than it is because of how they look. Black bumpered nova complete with steelies and a turbo'd redtop under the bonnet or Matt's old orange 1.2 on steelies with the nitrous'd 172 lump however are sleepers ;)

Elise/VX220/R26
is it the standard lump S/C or a transplant?

Bit clueless with most things tbh :eek:

Pretty much a bolt on conversion to the existing engine m8. Someone figured out that the OEM charger from a Chevy Cobolt and GM Saturn in the US would fit the 2.2 ecotec we have in the VX. Divert the alternator belt and stick the charger on the inlet and bobs your uncle!

Andy - get it done m8 they are superb cars in standard form.

Turbos.
Yeah, afraid i agree with the others!

Still, very nice. Hankered after a supercharger when i had my N/A, but hard to justify the conversion. A great second hand buy though.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
She sat and watched you...flol! As if she had a choice...And if she did have a choice she would of said, "Daddy you've bought the wrong one, you should of bought the turbo!" ;)

Looks good mate, now get on with another mix!

Elise/VX220/R26
No daughter of mine would suggest such a thing! I think she was mesmarised by the yellow costco microfibre rather than interested in the car lol

Englebert, it was 3k fitted the conversion. Easy enough for me to justify hehe. Courtnays charge 5.5k to be fair but some of the lads on the forum do it on the side which is how this got done. A lot of owners have spent more just fitting cams/headwork etc so from that prespective it's a bargain.

Turbos.
Yeah, i remember back in the day when people found out the mod to get them to about 170bhp for pretty cheap, another US GM theft...throttle body?

My school of thought is that if you're ready to spend thousands on a car, you're ready to move on. Like i said though, it makes a great second hand buy though. A bit like Honda Elises.

Elise/VX220/R26
I tend to agree to an extent. NA tuning is a bit of a waste of time generally but this conversion ticks the boxes for me. Its essentially just a GM M62 charger with a plate fitted to it. Swap your alternator for a smaller one so it all fits in and hey presto 100 BHP for 3k. Trouble with the VX is theres nothing really to move onto that handles as well with as much practicality. The turbo version just isnt for some (myself included) so its a no brainer really.

I've seen some Honda Elises come up for sale but they are overpriced IMO. The conversion is eyewateringly expensive and from what I've seen of them they aren't really all that good unless of course they have the charger done too. The Audi 1.8T conversion is probably as good but they are both expensive options. Bar some of the ancillary kit and the charge cooler the bits for the VX are all off the shelf stuff. Becoming a very popular conversion. I'd be surprised if there were any standard cars left in a couple of years.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Very nice mate, My mate owns an orange VX which is supercharged. Very very very fast car.

Where did you get the Ferrari Eater sticker?

TrackCar & F30 330d
Oh right i see, at the Nurburgring the other week i saw an Exige with about 10 little black Prancing horses on the side with a black lines through them. Quite like the idea as i've passed ferraris and porsches on track so i might do the same when i take my race car sticker off lol :)