ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A few pics from the weekend - 172 sprinting

911 GT3, 320i, M3
Thought I'd share a few pics of my first go at sprinting in the 172, at Lydden Hill on Saturday

Great fun but need to find a bit more pace for the next round

IMG_2892.jpg

IMG_3078.jpg

IMG_2930.jpg

IMG_2953.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a135/AndyE30M3/clio 172/sprinting/090404 lydden/IMG_2953.jpg

911 GT3, 320i, M3
Did three runs of 1.75 laps from a standing start and times were 97.33, 95.91 and 95.36. Could have been better but was happy for my first go. The guy who won my class was is a 172 cup and did a best time of 92.92.

BMW F31
nice didnt know there was a sunflower yellow 172 near me.

never seen it about.

lydden hill is quite a cool track, nice uphill section with a nice sweeping corner after the downhill.

E92 M3
Did three runs of 1.75 laps from a standing start and times were 97.33, 95.91 and 95.36. Could have been better but was happy for my first go. The guy who won my class was is a 172 cup and did a best time of 92.92.

you not a millon miles away from the top

very good going for your first attempt

911 GT3, 320i, M3
I've only had the car around a month or so but its quite often flying around the crowborough / uckfield and tunbridge wells areas.

Lyddens a great circuit, not that fast but the change in levels makes it a challenge, the run up the hill can be a pain if you come out of the tight corner to slow or scrub to much speed off with understeer, and the first corners seams quite easy to drift wide on.

All in all really pleased with time but like with any racing or trackdays there wasn't enough time to reflect on each run and look to improve it. need to trust the brakes more as i was braking to early and turning in a bit late in some cases, oh well better sort these thing out next time.

Can see this getting very addictive!

182 Cup
Hi Andy,

What club was this run by? I am interested in competing myself. I will be on the track at the BHP show at Lydden on bank holiday monday :)

Renaultsport Clio 172 Cup
Hi there

Just stumbled accross this thread. I sprint my 172 cup in the NSCC Championship. I have heard a rumour that KTec may be staging a sprint in the near future! Would be good to catch up with other competitors from around the country at one venue;)