ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A few problems that are driving me mad !!

DrewBear11

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST
Hiya guys

My 182 Full fat is slowing driving me mad, ive got a few issues that i could use some advice with

Lumpy idle - ive got a poly bush dog bone but the lumpiness has definitely got worse recently.

Revs dropping low on full lock - the revs drop down to around 500revs on full lock and then come back, this is very very annoying when trying to park or manoeuvre in a small space, it wont stall but its not far off.

Revs dropping down when starting the car - again the revs drop at first down to around 500RPM then come back to the normal >1000 + cold idle.
Doesn't always do this when the car is warm mind, seems to be pretty random if the car is warm.

Reading on the forum this seems to be a dirty throttle body ? Can anyone confirm this or anything else it could be ?

On a different note, I fitted two new rear exhaust hangers recently and ive managed to shear off one of the bolts from the hangers into the mount, does anyone know what size these bolts and where I could get one or I imagine I'll need to buy a set ?

Also, does anyone have any pics of how the manifold to cat gasket should be lined up, its blowing a bit and annoying me! Ive got the kit from KTEC which I read on here does fit and is the correct kit ? Correct me if im wrong..

The car is due a service, so I'll be doing an oil change, new oil filter and new standard spark plugs (PFR6E-10) and clean out my JMS V6 airbox.

Thanks for any advice guys :)

LY R26 #288
I can only help you with the cat to manifold problem. Yes your right only use the oem kit as the others don't fit well. It'll probably blow worse lol.

West Renault on here are doing the oem kit for 24 quid. Find them in the traders section.

I've hot mine set as follows

Caps go in the manifold first, then put the bolt through them and the cat (with the donut gasket in place) then put the spring over the bolts then put the fibre washer on, then the little end caps and then the nut.

Hope this helps.

DrewBear11

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST
Righto mate, i'll order a new kit off wests later. Cheers man

Anyone got any ideas about my other issues ?

Megane 225
Rev problem could be a sticky throttle or possibly a TDC sensor. Clean the TB first if not get it on the computer to see if any codes have been thrown up!

Clio 182
I too have the revs dropping on full lock issue, its pretty annoying when parking like you said. So its just the TB need cleaning ?

DrewBear11

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST
Cleaned the throttle body this morning, it was a bit junked up. Better idle, revs not dropping on full lock and ive started it twice so far and its fine :) lovely job !!!

DrewBear11

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST
Must have been a coincidence, itd back to the way it was before now, not amused ! mot this week so i'll get it on the computer and see what it says. Any other possible causes to my problems ??

DrewBear11

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST
Erm, it was quite a while ago, its the JMS V6 airbox, im just waiting for some cleaning fluid to turn up.

DrewBear11

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST
Gonna be serviced this week, but could a shagged battery be causing these problems ? especially the starting and full lock issues ?? Cheers

Last edited:
  Clio 172,Focus rs
Hello, read your problem I can suggest the following if I may...... Check the PAS pressure sensor it is located right below the Fuel Rail Guard. What this does it indicates the ECM the engine is being subject to higher demand at idle and it rises the rpms so it wont stall, kindda like the A/C strategy perhaps you have noticed that at idle u turn on the AC and it rises the rpms so it wont cut out. Let me know if it does the trick on your Clio!