ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A few R27 questions, for R27 owners.

First up my R27 has no jack. We all know how ****e the tyre foam is. Why no jack?

Secondly who has vanity lights above the sun visors? Someone I know has them in his 07 plate LY R27, but I don't.

Last of all, I got no cargo net are these no longer standard??

First up my R27 has no jack. We all know how ****e the tyre foam is. Why no jack?

Secondly who has vanity lights above the sun visors? Someone I know has them in his 07 plate LY R27, but I don't.

I didnt get foam, jack, vanity or cargo net --- dont really want any of these things to be honest.

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
you need a jack for the foam to work so you can take the pressure of the tyre and rotate it (well you did on my 182) check the handbook and see what it says about the foam.

SLK 350

I didnt get foam, jack, vanity or cargo net --- dont really want any of these things to be honest.

Tell me that when you get a flat.

According to a couple of people on the renaultsport forum, the foam used for the R27 is the stuff where you don't need to have to jack the car up. So Renault have scrimped and removed the jack. As for the vanity lights some say there are no vanity lights in the R27, but I have seen them on 2 cars, No. 044 (which I test drove) and Matt182's R27.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Vanity lights are a bit of a problem at the mo. Some have them and some dont, depends on which end of the factory your cars interior was put together. Seriously.

We've had 3 customers complain so far that they have no vanity lights...

M135i
have you tried cleaning it yet? why oh why did they design it so you cant move the windscreen wipers out of the way?!

the roofline is quite high too, providing a cleaning problem for us ahem.. shorter legged fellows. :(

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
have you tried cleaning it yet? why oh why did they design it so you cant move the windscreen wipers out of the way?!

the roofline is quite high too, providing a cleaning problem for us ahem.. shorter legged fellows. :(

Aerodynamics, keeps the front of the car smooth for the air.

Also on the aerodynamic front..... is the bonnet slightly lower than the front panel, so there's a slight lip of around 3 or 4mm? Or does my bonnet need adjusting?

Other than that now done 250 miles and the engine is certainly starting to sound sweet, especially further up the rev range (although I haven't yet gone above 5.5krpm.) Also I can't believe how well this car handles! It's superb.

^^^^^

the bonnet thing is normal. all 197s seem to have it.

i heard it ws something to do with hitting pedestrians but cant confirm it.

i don't have any vanity lights or a wheel jack either.

3 MPS
well i have foam but not looked to see if i have a jack , i also have the lights ,
also have the badly aligned bonnet and bumper, but thats reno

no jack on mine but i played on the salesmens inapptitude and had one from the demo. Mine has vanity lights

My boot wont open though so a cargo net would be useless if i had one, plus the shocks have gone on the rear now. So thats a new one on the front and a new one on the back. Heres to having a Modus again!!

Golf R
i don't have vanity lights or a jack, but have heard the tyre foam is a different type that no longer requires the car to be jacked up...