ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A ford KA destroyed my car :(

BMW E36 328
just had a look in the arch, the arch liner has been smashed off all the fog lamp brackets and horn brackets are bent and there is a big piece of metal that is bent too

P1010216.jpg

Note the big piece of metal im pointing too

P1010217.jpg

fez

Clio 182 cup
hope you can get a few witnesses i had a similar issue no lights and i was driven into was my word against his until last minute a witness came forward would have been on my insurance they said

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
you not just going to get it repaired through the insurance? if you're going to claim you may as well make the most of it as the premium will change either way.

Sorry James, not trying to piss on the sale though
:)

Im NOT selling it, im giving it away, and since he has been unlucky in the accident might aswell give it to some one who needs it..

BMW E36 328
The slam pannel, ahh ryt, not good then,.

That was the last thing that i can find wrong with it just by looking at it, does the slam pannel just protect the car from impacts?

BMW E36 328
Whoo someone got in contact with me over the weekend regarding the accident who confirms what i said about the woman not having any lights on :D, im not alowed to touch the car now the insurance said

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Whoo someone got in contact with me over the weekend regarding the accident who confirms what i said about the woman not having any lights on :D, im not alowed to touch the car now the insurance said

They'll write it off mate. Probably best TBH. :dapprove:

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Thats pretty much buggered. The whole front of the car has been shunted over and the chances are its probably done suspension and subframe damage. The rack is propered FUBAR!

Must resist female driver comments.....

Bad luck mate! Shame when the project was coming along so well.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
that will be wrote off. i say subframe rack bumper horn bonnet wing headlight , all the stuff thats bent needs redoing.

More poke than viagr
Sorry to hear this mate, was looking really good aswell :dapprove:

Its always the way isnt it, your pride and joy being destroyed by someone elses careless mistake :dapprove:

At least you were alright tho

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Ah sorry to hear that mate, hope you come off decent finacially since it wasn't your fault. Enough to replace the car at least.

The part you were pointing to is the valance, it's not that bad.
Shocked it snapped your steering rack tho! Very random.

Racks are around £600 from Renault and plus the rest I can't see them wanting to repair it.

Keep us up to date with what the assessor says and throw me a pm if you need any advice, settlement or claim wise.

Family Bus
What a shame.

At least you have managed to get a witness on your side thought, that's a stroke of luck!!

"Navy" N17 TWO
Gutted to hear about things like this :(

Hope all goes well Rob, and if you do get it sorted that it will be hassle-free when you get it back :)

Clio 182
she just said that she was sorry, and that she was really shaken up, the annoying thing is there isnt to much damage to her car she drove it away fine, i didnt shout or anything as there is nothing i could have done at that point, i could have cried tho i really could

I had. Very similar accident to that. I didn't win the claim as I was coming out of a side road onto a Main road the same as you. Unless she admits to driving with no lights on I think you may loose.

BMW E36 328
Ah sorry to hear that mate, hope you come off decent finacially since it wasn't your fault. Enough to replace the car at least.

The part you were pointing to is the valance, it's not that bad.
Shocked it snapped your steering rack tho! Very random.

Racks are around £600 from Renault and plus the rest I can't see them wanting to repair it.

Keep us up to date with what the assessor says and throw me a pm if you need any advice, settlement or claim wise.

really £600 for a steering rack? it looks like its the bit that bolts onto the subframe that is broken can i not just replace that?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
really £600 for a steering rack? it looks like its the bit that bolts onto the subframe that is broken can i not just replace that?

No, because at that side the nut is welded onto the rack, so you just bolt the bolt through the back of the subframe into that and it holds it in place, the passenger side is just bolt through and nut.

Sorry i havnt been in touch regarding rack, il PM you now..

Titanium 182 & 306 Diesel
Mine was worse and got fixed! Bumper, wing, windscreen, bonnet, radiator, headlight mine was all cosmetic though

BMW E36 328
I just want it fixed but the insurance are taking sooooo long to get back to me, im gona give them another call later on today and see what they say