ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

a humming noise in the interior

04 Monaco Blue 172
just purchased my 172 and when the key is on full ignition, a humming noise comes from 2 little speaker type holes near the interior map light

im unsure if this is a common noise that i should live with or somthing more out of the ordinary

what are the 2 holes for anyway? im guessing alarm?

the car is fitted with a Sigma alarm, but both fobs are missing, at a guess, i would say its somthing to do with this, but im unsure

it sounds like the humming from an electric gillet razor

any ideas members of cliosport?

ClioSport 172 Ph2
The noise comes from a fan that passes air by the temperature sensor for the climate control. You can access the fan pretty easily by levering open the panel with a flat blade screwdriver. Have a look and see how much dust and muck has built up around it. You can either try cleaning it all out or some people disconnect it all together which just means that the internal temperature read will be a bit wrong but no big deal.