ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A Liquid Yellow Thread (JDM content)

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
A chap in the motherland that I follow posted these up, figured there'd be some appreciation in here....

1642414462721.png

1642414537158.png

1642414562007.png

1642414582137.png

1642414598867.png

1642414693841.png

Why do things look so much cooler with Japanese plates on?

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
I need to wangle a work trip out to Tokyo, then find my way to Daikoku.

I went once a few years back and didn't think to add some personal days on the end of the trip. 🤦‍♂️

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Whats not to love.

You just think of all the great Japanese cars. You don't expect a love of LY French ones.

The Japanese know a good thing when they see it.

Evo looking like a regular commuter compared to those Meganes.

Yeah it blends in a bit, doesn't it!

Mega. I really should go to Japan and visit some of the car spots.

I managed to do bits and pieces, but I feel like I'd need a good few weeks!

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I managed to do bits and pieces, but I feel like I'd need a good few weeks!

Moving to Saudi has made me want to do it more weirdly. There's a decent JDM tuning scene here, so I've been watching to much YouTube content about Japanese cars.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Moving to Saudi has made me want to do it more weirdly. There's a decent JDM tuning scene here, so I've been watching to much YouTube content about Japanese cars.

My impression of Saudi/Middle-East/Dubai etc is that there are no decent roads to enjoy all these lovely cars, and they just get pootled about and strangled like they do in Kensington over here?

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
My impression of Saudi/Middle-East/Dubai etc is that there are no decent roads to enjoy all these lovely cars, and they just get pootled about and strangled like they do in Kensington over here?

Depends where you are a bit. UAE has a circuit and Dubai and obviously Yas Marina, so you can do track days there. Has a few championships for various things too.

Saudi is a bit shite currently, as F1 and Formula-E both use street tracks, so there is nothing permanent, but there is one being built near the capital, Riyadh. There's a bit of drag racing and drifting though, so it's not all bad, and I think it will develop in the coming years. Obviously plenty of the fancy stuff does just get cruised about, but there are some nice mountain roads in part of the country here, and I know the Porsche Club do some driving trips.

It's definitely got a lot of potential here, but it's not there yet. That being said, there are some nice drift cars being built in this part of the world. Drift Games run the UAE Drift series and it's pretty big.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Depends where you are a bit. UAE has a circuit and Dubai and obviously Yas Marina, so you can do track days there. Has a few championships for various things too.

Saudi is a bit shite currently, as F1 and Formula-E both use street tracks, so there is nothing permanent, but there is one being built near the capital, Riyadh. There's a bit of drag racing and drifting though, so it's not all bad, and I think it will develop in the coming years. Obviously plenty of the fancy stuff does just get cruised about, but there are some nice mountain roads in part of the country here, and I know the Porsche Club do some driving trips.

It's definitely got a lot of potential here, but it's not there yet. That being said, there are some nice drift cars being built in this part of the world. Drift Games run the UAE Drift series and it's pretty big.

Read your Saudi thread over lunch, enjoyed it! Never really thought about the car culture in the middle east before, aside from the 'showy-rented-car-outside-posh-hotel' type.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Read your Saudi thread over lunch, enjoyed it! Never really thought about the car culture in the middle east before, aside from the 'showy-rented-car-outside-posh-hotel' type.

Yeah there's definitely a bit of that, and you do see a few cars wrapped in horrendous coloured-chrome vinyl :LOL: There are some guys doing some really nice stuff too though. It just needs some tracks building really. If that happened, I think the car scene would grow massively.