ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A little update - New tyres on old wheels

A silver Honda
As a birthday treat my dad offered to pay for some new low profile tyres on me clio, cheers dad:cool:

I wanted F1 Eagles but there were none in stock:( Hankook's were my only choice (Ventus K102 195/45s).

I swapped the white turbines for silver ones as they are in bad condition (flaking paint)

Very pleased with them!

Next on the 'to be fitted list' are:

New discs and pads, nothing OTT as it's only a 1.4 after all.

IMAG2108.jpg

And some FK coilovers which should be arriving very soon (hopefully!) from 2Modified.co.uk:D

6/468 17poo
Ah ya got the brakes then mate, they are really good once worn in, i used to have them tyres too, pretty good as well looks spot on, Ryan

Punto/Clio GTT
looks mint mate. let us know how much those coilys improve the ride. mines just on 60 mil springs but i can throw it round corners and it dont budge

Megane Mk4
Used to have the Ventus K102's (rim protection too iirc) on my mk1 172.
Stunning low budget tyre imo, worth every penny! Tons of grip in them :D
Although weren't too supreme in snow :( lol

Excellent motor, well looked after
:D

Andi

A silver Honda
Final_Maxim said:
looks mint mate. let us know how much those coilys improve the ride. mines just on 60 mil springs but i can throw it round corners and it dont budge
will do!

The springs i have at the mo are crap! and i'm running only one damper at the rear lol. I can't wait to drive the car with the new brakes and suspension fitted.

Cheers everyone:)

Punto/Clio GTT
very quick motors for a 1.4 i think, keep it in the powerband n change gears quickly n you'll be surprised what you can keep up with. ide love to have mine on good brakes n suspention but we cant all be rich like you :(

Punto/Clio GTT
god knows, i always change a split second before im about to hit the limiter, if i change any sooner than that it feels sluggish in the next gear