ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A Load of hot air....

Well it's Balloon Fiesta time of the year in Bristol and finally someone has managed to book some good weather. The Fiesta runs from Thursday to Sunday with all sorts of events and numerous balloon ascents, 6am and 6pm everyday.

As I'm off work on holiday this week I decided to get up for this morning's dawn launch.....despite being out til 11:30pm and having a bit too much to drink I managed to get down to Ashton Court on my bike just before six. Here are some of the pics - it was a great spectacle. Will no doubt get some more pics over the weekend. (Perfect timing for Ian themed comp. as well.....all be it I think some of these were taken before it really started...!)

3797087349_8ec9733b55_b.jpg

3797904280_eb7208969f_b.jpg

3797087097_a016f5f584_b.jpg

3797086543_ef9f72dfee_b.jpg

3797086079_90b1fe887d_b.jpg

3797903292_56eb70ed9f_b.jpg

3797902946_5304af7142_b.jpg

3797085375_77ccb37171_b.jpg

Cheers

Paul

Ian

Focus TDCi
Great shots Paul, very crisp. :) Favourites are probably #3 and #4, although #1 is clever positioning. Did you get any where the sky is full of balloons?

As for the competition, I don't mind if you enter with one of these - they were at least taken today. Up to Revels though. :)

Cheers Guys.

There are some more on my Flickr but I didn't really get any of the sky full of balloons.... I was getting carried away with my telephoto. I think I also thought that I didn't want to faff around changing the lens again...as they might all be gone....Lol - as it they move that quickly. Will no doubt shoot some more over the weekend, although not sure whether I'll get up for another dawn launch....

Dan - it's the annual Bristol Balloon Fiesta - which is a pretty famous with attendees from across the world. The balloons are here for four days + the Red Arrows are dropping in tomorrow too.

Ian

Focus TDCi
+ the Red Arrows are dropping in tomorrow too.

This made me laugh, Dan will know why. :)

There was a feature on Flickr here. Think that's probably why we both had the same thoughts. I know what you mean about not changing lenses though, I decided to keep the 70-200mm on at the zoo - they're both the sort of situation where you'd end up changing every five minutes. Would love a second body.

Fiat Panda 100hp
Love the picture Revels pointed out.

How much is it to go down? Fancy going tomorrow.

RB 182
the Red Arrows are dropping in tomorrow too.

they have based themselves at exeter airport this weekend,and were warming up over my house this morning. headed north about 20mins ago :)

i need a camera! lol

enjoy the balloon fiesta, always wanted to go.

pics are fab :D

they have based themselves at exeter airport this weekend,and were warming up over my house this morning. headed north about 20mins ago :)

i need a camera! lol

enjoy the balloon fiesta, always wanted to go.

pics are fab :D

Cheers.

Well the Red Arrows did a great job as always, putting on a fantastic display, here are four shots from yesterday, with more on Flickr.

3803861988_72762e4abb_b.jpg

3803046563_ff71b0d5b4_b.jpg

3803861534_e79a01296a_b.jpg

3801221935_cc29d4d59f_b.jpg

Nice shots. We left before the night glow, did you manage to get out alright, it was pretty mad.....thousands and thousands of people there yesterday.

E87 118d M Sport
NO!! it took 3 hours to get there from Gloucester and an hour and a half to get out of the car park. didnt get in until half one.

was worth it tho! the night glow was pretty sweet. not seen it before. ill see if i can get a vid up some time.

(were you one of the photographers in the arena)

NO!! it took 3 hours to get there from Gloucester and an hour and a half to get out of the car park. didnt get in until half one.

was worth it tho! the night glow was pretty sweet. not seen it before. ill see if i can get a vid up some time.

(were you one of the photographers in the arena)

O dear, I thought as much.

No I was sat quitely up on a hill out of the way with my better half, drinking cider and enjoying the sun.