ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A mate's near death experience at the ring!

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I was there on the day it happened. Had a good chat with Nick and Darren afterwards, the wheel was completley knackered. Scratched a small section of the bonnet also, but that's all fixable at the end of the day.

sport 182
I was there on the day it happened. Had a good chat with Nick and Darren afterwards, the wheel was completley knackered. Scratched a small section of the bonnet also, but that's all fixable at the end of the day.

I was there too that day joe, think I may have saw you I was in my bg182.

PB172,dci100,dci65
A lucky man that day.

I wonder how can a spring just jump out of its place...was there a huge bounce or something?

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
A lucky man that day. I wonder how can a spring just jump out of its place...was there a huge bounce or something?

Suspension was setup for track racing, and couldn't keep up with the bumpy ring!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Out of interest what actually happens if you loose a spring or it completely shatters? Is the shock enough to hold the wheel off the arch? Possibly a stupid question, just curious.

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Out of interest what actually happens if you loose a spring or it completely shatters? Is the shock enough to hold the wheel off the arch? Possibly a stupid question, just curious.

You can push shocks in with your hand! :p

Clio 197
Just watched the video, is it me or does the Beemer not slow down after losing the spring?

It wasn't the bmw it was a Clio in front.

Echo what others have said , shocking stuff !

As an aside , I heard they don't like cameras recording the action at the ring , was this hidden ?