ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A new daily

Skoda Fabia VRS
I can't believe I haven't used this Forum in so long, it almost feels criminal.

I'm debating a change of daily driver in the next month or so, for no other reason than me wanting to give something else a go, so to speak. I've currently got the below and have done since October-ish. It's served me incredibly well and owes me roughly £1500 minus a service/steering rack joint. 140k miles, R-Tech remap, lows/polybushing and rear arb and averages around 55MPG on my 75 mile commute, it's great as a daily mile muncher.

I'm finding myself wanting to change up and the initial plan was to keep it for around 6 months and move on. Prior to this the sensible motor was a V70 D5 SE Estate which was fantastic. 5Pot noise, electric/heated seats, around 50MPG and the comfiest seats in a vehicle I've owned. My question is, what other sensible daily's are out there that'll offer the same level of economy/reliability for circa £1,500 - £2,000?

I have no issues with keeping the bleach coloured Skoda, but I quite fancy a change.

1428304_6365747878974980096_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ohc=1KcsvKTmMEoAX_Ux5Au&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Nothing will offer that level of economy and performance for £2k.

I hate VAG cars, I think they’re absolute s**t, but I flipping LOVED my Fabia VRS. Economy, power, comfort. Just brilliant little cars full stop.

Skoda Fabia VRS
Nothing will offer that level of economy and performance for £2k.

I hate VAG cars, I think they’re absolute s**t, but I flipping LOVED my Fabia VRS. Economy, power, comfort. Just brilliant little cars full stop.
I'm not bothered about the performance in all honesty, first time I think I've said that before!

The car is great, but I can't see me keeping it for a great deal longer. I don't even use the performance side of it, 90% of my commute is cruising on A-Roads with cruise whacked on 60mph. If I'm honest, I'd prefer more comfort in the next daily which is leading me towards another Volvo of some sort.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
V70s are awesome cars but I wouldn't be looking at sub-£2k examples personally. For the same reasons that I wouldn't look at £2k E9x models.

I'd say that you've got a pretty good deal going now with the Fabia, especially after sinking the service/rack money into it. Just keep that?

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
That’s a handsome e46. Facelift looks so much better too and estoril, lovely.

so many e46s I see on the road are absolute heaps

Clio Williams 3
As mentioned I'd stay with the Skoda at least till its MOT time as you've already invested in it. When you do change I would agree with Volvo - I've had 2 in the past and they are v.reliable and yes they do have some of the best seats of any car!!

Personally I mainly go to Ford for my daily's - I know that will come in for a lot of criticism but I find they drive fairly well, they are reliable and very affordable!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
As mentioned I'd stay with the Skoda at least till its MOT time as you've already invested in it. When you do change I would agree with Volvo - I've had 2 in the past and they are v.reliable and yes they do have some of the best seats of any car!!

Personally I mainly go to Ford for my daily's - I know that will come in for a lot of criticism but I find they drive fairly well, they are reliable and very affordable!

Why not both? :D