ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A pillar damage..

GW Stage 2 R26
My friend did this earlier.. What are the chances if autoglass being able to fit a new screen???
EA81C681-312B-4E72-A848-4F8E4C8A0471-9940-0000071A5ABE7E46.jpg
188EEE10-D806-46C7-B83F-368F09369B61-9940-0000071AB9237D62.jpg
She's panicking as she needs the car for work etc..

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
How the hell !?

Has she called them.....? :rolleyes:

At a guess, the problem would be wether the a-pillar is damaged where the bead sits. Won't know until the screen is off probably.

GW Stage 2 R26
Looks knackered to me but I'd rather someone's opinion who's in the know.. Clipped a parked up trailer.. As in tractor and trailer.. She has rang them but they can't come until weds and they couldn't say over the phone without looking st it.

S4 Avant
Repairing that would involve chopping the A pillar out and welding a new section in from a donor car.

Massive costs.

GW Stage 2 R26
Cat a is completely burnt out/ no parts usable, b can be used for parts, c is chassis damage, d is body/ light damage.

S4 Avant
Cat a is completely burnt out/ no parts usable, b can be used for parts, c is chassis damage, d is body/ light damage.

Nearly right ;)

Cat C is just a more costly state of repair than Cat D.

Cat D would be something like, paint stripper poured over the car, or flood damage. My Clio is Cat C and didn't have any chassis damage

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
I miss your boyish charm and dashingly good looks.

I miss your rugged manliness and commanding nature. Any big bills on the Audi yet?

suckmykiss, its all to do with cost, and labour is the biggest cost. You could have every panel damaged, but if its a quick bolt on replacement it will just be Cat D. With my car only one panel is damaged, but the labour of straightening it is over 80% the total repair cost!

S4 Avant
New front calliper is going on, fuel leak from the filter, torn CV boot, headlight level sensor and a service. Yay!

Autoglass won't fit a screen to that, the part where it meets the windscreen would have to be straight first. The dent on the outside is f**k all, it all depends what it looks like where the glass meets the pillar whether it'll be a write off or not.

BG 182
Shitt! Assuming the trailer didn't drive into her, is she fully comp? It's a matter of the insurance deciding if the pillar is feasibly, legally and economically repairable. It will probably be brought from a write off auction and repaired by a dodgey Indian garage in high wycombe :)