ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A Pointless Mod Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Well bought myself a OMP rear strut brace and managed to get it fitted tonight when i was down at the shed.

Strut001.gif

Strut002.gif

Then fitted an LED light under my boot box thing so that its alittle brighter.

Strut004.gif

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Never understand the point in these, they aparantly do nothing at all? What made you buy it or was it cheap?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
£30 delivered to the door and 5 mins to fit so i thought i may aswell.

I know its a pointless mod as its been talked about 100 times but i like the fact its red and looks the part IMO

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
The LED boot light is a better mod and i know this.

As i say i know it does naff all and that its more hassle than its worth but i like the look of it

Non Sport Megane
where did you get the box thingy from? interested in one rather than getting a boot net :) if you could PM me with a response it would be greatly appreciated

Ly Megane 230 F1
The LED boot light is a better mod and i know this.

As i say i know it does naff all and that its more hassle than its worth but i like the look of it

Totally agree with you..may be pointless but looks good,especially how its red! :)

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Im happy with the purchase as it looks the part. I dont think i need much done to my suspension anyway with running sachs

clio 172
Omg how funny , omp very well known company who design lots of mods have designed a rear strut brace that doesn't do any thing hmmm really , I think it's a great mod mate most people giving out the negatives make it there job to do so , it is a suspension mod that works IMO and I do not drive to the library and back like some of the clowns on here do . ;)

Lol @ some of the comments on here. As for the mod I guess so long as you're under no illusion that it makes any difference I suppose it's all good. Only reason I haven't ripped my spoon one out is that it actually bolts to the shell and makes a difference, they're a f**king nuisance given the position in the boot if you want to get anything in it.

Clio 182 Trophy
I found once i fitted mine on my Trophy (this was when standard mind) the rear end instead being rather tail happy and very twitchy, it didn't let go so easily and personally i would rate one of these for a Trophy its such a cheap mod and the improvement was quite noticeable.

I guess others may have a different opinion however im still happy with mine to this day and has been fitted for over a year now.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Fit one.... Get some driving lessons on a track and you'll see for urself Berty ;)

FLOL. Did you even read what he said?

They are mounted to NON-RIGID bushes. Which means any flex in the rear end will be absorbed by the bushes, not the bar.

BMW 320D
Oh yep ur all so right it's amazing how clever u really are. Ill go home and take mine off tonight :) wow any mods I do from now on I'll run by you because ur the experts!!! lol!! Thank you Jesus for these fantastic people!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Oh yep ur all so right it's amazing how clever u really are. Ill go home and take mine off tonight :) wow any mods I do from now on I'll run by you because ur the experts!!! lol!! Thank you Jesus for these fantastic people!

Thanks for proving my point for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.