ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

a puncture in a 182

i really like the 182 and im thinking of buying one soon... but im pretty worried becoz there is no spareweel in it... did any1 have a puncture in a 182? and if u r unlucky, what can u do to "fix" this problem?

well if ur on a trip in itlay 4 ex and u dont know the language,dont have a mobile :eek: and u flat out... is this can of spray reliable? 4 how many km/mi does it work?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Dont panic about the lack of a spare wheel, a lot of cars dont have them nowadays...

You get 2 cans of tyre mousse though, which you connect to the tyre valve, it fills the tyre and expands then you can drive on the tyre again.

Clio 197

I tested the mousse a couple weeks ago. It works but one of the cans leaked a bit. It brought the pressure up to 2.0 bar and the car drove well. I then blew the tyre up to 3 bar to be on the safe side.

In fact, it worked so well that I thought I might test it out on the ring, since it was a cold and snowy day and the stresses would not be that much more than spirited street driving. It held for the 100km of Autobahn and about 200km of lapping, but the tyre then deflated.

Like they say, dont try this at home.

Trophy 263 + 265

i wont be using it.

your tyre is knacker after you use it.:cry:

you have either got to pay to get it removed or stump up £140 for a new tyre.

call the AA out or jack it up take it off and go to the nearset repairer.

saying that never had a punture in over 10 years on the road.

lets hope it stays that way:D

Mr2 Roadster

I heard the AA wont come out for flats if you dont have a spare???

Is this true, can anyone confirm??? :confused:

Maybe I imagined it? Tom can you shed any light on this?

Clio 197

ADAC, the German equivalent of AA, certainly do respond. There are a lot of cars out there without spares now. And there are a lot of punctures that the mousse wont plug.

And the mousse certainly cant reseat a bead! Might just have to post a photograph of that incident...

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by NickyB on 06 April 2004

I heard the AA wont come out for flats if you dont have a spare???

Is this true, can anyone confirm??? :confused:

Maybe I imagined it? Tom can you shed any light on this?

Nope they dont come out anymore under the AA cover that comes with the car. if you want them to its an extra £50

I got my tyres supersealed, which is a special foam. If i get a puncture i can carry on driving normally. I dont need to check tyre pressures either..

-Rob

theres a bit in this months evo mag, the bloke got a puncture in his v6 long termer, iirc, he said it was pretty useless, pics kind of confirmed that ie the foam was all over the road

Clio 197

The foam was blowing all over the place when I had to use it. There was a leak right where it comes out of the can. Horrible stuff.

the AA not comming out, is that due to minimal cover on new cars (roadside)

what about normal AA cover, £80 quid one (roadside & relay)

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by clio182 on 06 April 2004

i wont be using it.

your tyre is knacker after you use it.:cry:

you have either got to pay to get it removed or stump up £140 for a new tyre.

call the AA out or jack it up take it off and go to the nearset repairer.

saying that never had a punture in over 10 years on the road.

lets hope it stays that way:D
I have been informed by a reliable resource that you might as well use the foam as you cannot repair a tyre of the speed rating of the 182 (thinks its a V ) as it is too dangerous? Can anyone confirm this is correct please?

Fiesta Zetec S (for sale)

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 06 April 2004

I have been informed by a reliable resource that you might as well use the foam as you cannot repair a tyre of the speed rating of the 182 (thinks its a V ) as it is too dangerous? Can anyone confirm this is correct please?

I think its more up to the person whos inspecting the tyre for repair. Ive taken a few punctured ZR rated tyres to garages where theyve said no way but others are quite happy to do the repair. TBH I reckon it depends how busy they are and if they can bothered. Theres more money in a new tyre than a repair.

Trophy 263 + 265

lets put it this way dave.

i WONT be paying £140 for a new tyre if mine gets a punture.

only dangerous if you drive at mad sppeds all the time.

Whats the V rating? 145mph? If you were doing that speed, would you like the rubber bung thats used to repair the tyre, to pop out of its hole?!!!

Didnt think so!

You dont need to be doing mad speeds either, tool it round a corner and you could rip the bung out of the tyre.

Id rather walk than use a repaired tyre! You complain about £140? If your life depends on it, then its a small price!

Trophy 263 + 265

if repairing tyres was unsafe why is it allowed?

i have never seen a tyre fiited with a rubber bung:confused:

they are patched

i wont be driving at 145mph either :p

Ive never seen a tyre patched!!! lol

Its safe for most people who dont demand high loads from their tyres. Dont know where they draw the line either. Our works vans get repairs done, and they have no problems, but on a performance car you may be pushing your luck!

I do daft speeds round corners, so I need everything to be spot on!

Come on, dont be a tight arse!!

I take my tyres to a place that welds them, they are just like new then, they can even do the side walls... Theres only one place in northamptonshire that I know does it...