ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A question for the experts on here

182 Cup Racing Blue
I looking to buy a cheap laptop that I can use for browsing the internet, downloading songs to itunes and update my iphone 4 and burning dvd's that sort of thing...nothing too fancy. Now I could go spend £999 on a 13 inch Macbook pro....but whats the point of spending a thousand pounds on something that I do very little on computer wise. So could someone please recommend me a cheapish laptop and the best place to buy it from! thanks people in the know!

ValverInBits
You want a small one? I've got a Samsung Q210 with NVidia Graphics and I'm very pleased.
Look it up. Not sure if it's still available brand new.

182 Cup Racing Blue
The size of the laptop doesnt really matter.....it is more a question of getting value for money! I dont need the best of the best! could a £300 laptop do everything I need and come installed with Windows 7 and Norton anti virus software??

I wouldn't make "coming with norton av installed" a priority. There are plenty of free virus scanners that are far better and less memory intensive than norton.

Just get one of the netbooks. They're all roughly the same and do the same job.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
I bought my misses an Acer one netbook for Christmas and it's great. Small but with plenty of power for most things. It's not a gaming machine for sure but we don't use it as one. Think it was £249.99 at comet.

Cost £29.99 for an extern slim burner which is perfect.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Buy a macbook for £1k, will last you longer than 3 cheapo laptops will and will still be worth a decent chunk in 3 years time should you decide to upgrade.

Titanium 182
I love macbook's but for what you'll use it for it's a sacrilegious waste of money.

Please don't waste that amount on one.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UUnH9NECSUU&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UUnH9NECSUU&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]