ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A question i cant find an answer for.... (F4R)

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Now its been running through my mind abit latetly and im just curious to see if this problem would cause a car not to run properly or even cause none starting issues.

The Inlet manifold on the F4R is good, but with that oil breather on top under the inlet manifold(egg shaped seal) could this cause some problems? basically since that does spew some oil out through the top, and you have 2 sensor's one for the MAP and the other one, could the oil cause these to block and suffocate the engine?

Answer thats suppose to say in the title, can a mod change it please :)

Now its been running through my mind abit latetly and im just curious to see if this problem would cause a car not to run properly or even cause none starting issues.

The Inlet manifold on the F4R is good, but with that oil breather on top under the inlet manifold(egg shaped seal) could this cause some problems? basically since that does spew some oil out through the top, and you have 2 sensor's one for the MAP and the other one, could the oil cause these to block and suffocate the engine?

Answer thats suppose to say in the title, can a mod change it please :)

Its normal to have a bit of oil on that seal/around the breather plate, thats what its there for. The oil wouldnt last long in the inlet anyway, and even if it got into the engine/cylinder it would just burn off straight away..

Wont be causing non starting issues - the only problem I can think of that rubber O ring causing is a high idle if it wasnt there or split, as you'd have a vaccum leak

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Its normal to have a bit of oil on that seal/around the breather plate, thats what its there for. The oil wouldnt last long in the inlet anyway, and even if it got into the engine/cylinder it would just burn off straight away..

Wont be causing non starting issues - the only problem I can think of that rubber O ring causing is a high idle if it wasnt there or split, as you'd have a vaccum leak

Thanks for explaining that to me, im just trying to eliminate as much stuff as i can, and that oil blocking a sesor could cause loss in power ticked all the boxes in my head, ah well atleast thats cleared that up, cheers jord

Westy. MX5
As foxy says. The seal around the inlet port is not the answer to your problem but they can leak more oil due to age. I had excess oil in the plenum chamber and it was leaking down the rear of the engine, changing the egg shaped seal has stemmed the amount of oil escaping so it is worth doing and cost a couple of £'s

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
My plenum has some oil in it and the seal is new. It always has had some oil in there and generally my car runs sweet as. After removing the plenum though my idle always goes all over the shop. I think it's because of two things: removing the throttle cable (mine's a phase 1) always seems to upset it; and it is not easy to tighten the bolts properly on the plenum as 1. my torque wrench is oversized (they should be about 20 lbs/ft, mine can't go that low) 2. it's too easy to shear off the bolts. So I have to tighten the bolts, run it for a while and tweak them again after a few days.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Ye i know what you mean rob, if you do them to tight they will snap, but what i had in mind was, if the oil goes in there could it cause any blockage to the sensors,

Because when i got mine off before i used a whole roll of kitchen roll to clean the inside, also cleaned the sensors which made the car work again :s