ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

a question or two regarding clio (new owner)

Hey guys,

new member here and new clio owner here.

Have a few questions if i may?

Firstly, what clio do i have? lol

Reg doc says N-reg Clio Rl Oasis 1.2 (here a lot of people saying MkI, II, III)

if its the MKI i understand the odometer is cable driven and later ones are sensor based.

My speedo doesnt work, so just tryin to work out how to sort it.

no idea where to look for the speedo cable or how to remove clocks as of yet.

also theres a button with a key symbol on it and a flashing led. by the hand brake. What is this? as on my car it appears to be doing sweet F.A

I have the rear reg plate light working intermitently, but have read some things about that already, but just need to ID my car 100%.

182, SQ7, Trafic
172.com is correct. Its a Mk1 Ph2. Ph3 had the rounder headlights which started on a P Plate.

Speedo cables do go, I think a genuine Renault one is around £30 so get one from them. Depending how handy you are with a few tools, shouldn't take longer than an hour to fit.

Button with a key symbol and flashing LED could be something to do with an aftermarket security system as I can't think of one in that area. Could you post some pictures up or even email them to me at djroberts@live.co.uk if you unsure of how to post them?

:)

phase 2? But the renault site kicked up phase 3 on the search with the reg plate and vin number. Both speedo cable part numbers are the same tho. I think. Speedo cable was snapped, managed to get it out. Dog of a job. renault wanted over £80 for one. sod that The button i've been told is central locking, but its not working will get a pic up tomorrow for your curiosity ;)

JJT

1.4 16v Dynamique+
phase 2? But the renault site kicked up phase 3 on the search with the reg plate and vin number. Both speedo cable part numbers are the same tho. I think. Speedo cable was snapped, managed to get it out. Dog of a job. renault wanted over £80 for one. sod that The button i've been told is central locking, but its not working will get a pic up tomorrow for your curiosity ;)

your model probably doesnt have central locking. I used to have a mk1 ph3 which has the same button with flashing light, also did nothing!