ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A sad day!

RenaultSport clio 172
Breaking my heart, but I have to sell my 172! Theres a baby on the way, and I just cant keep it:(

WHat Im asking here is how much do you think I should sell it for? its an '02 plate red, 63k, has an MOT untill feb and the tax is up next month. Its in good nick nad Ive had a lot done to it this year, including a new timing belt, auxilliary belt and tensioners, new back box, front suspension bushes, oil change and air con regassed. Oh yes Ive also put on an induction filter, heat shield and air feed (still have original box filter)
What should I reasonably expect to get (especially considering all the work done on it), and where would you reccomend advertising it?

Yaris Hybrid
I personally would use the Autotrader website.

I sold a bike on there and for £15 or something you can write absolutely loads and upload a ton of photos.

From a buyers perspective its a good website as its easy to search for what you want. I bought a car from there once.

RenaultSport clio 172
Toypop said:
I personally would use the Autotrader website.

I sold a bike on there and for £15 or something you can write absolutely loads and upload a ton of photos.

From a buyers perspective its a good website as its easy to search for what you want. I bought a car from there once.

I had a look on there earlier and im still considering it, ive not decide whether I should just do the the net version, or pay extra to put it on the net and in the mag, how much do you think its worth??

RenaultSport clio 172
dazraffan said:
ive got a two old baby and a 182 keep it !

Wish I could, I will deffo get another in a couple of years when my fianaces will be a bit better, untill then I get to have her 1.2 corsa :dapprove:

Fiesta ST3
we have a baby due in december and i have just gone out and bought a 182:eek: my mrs already has a 1.2 extreme:quiet:

RenaultSport clio 172
ady60 said:
we have a baby due in december and i have just gone out and bought a 182:eek: my mrs already has a 1.2 extreme:quiet:

lol, well maybe when I sell my old house and things settle down a bit I'll go after another 172....or 182, my mates at the CSA make life fun too!

172cup
why not just take it off the road????

You don't have to pay any tax/insurance/petrol etc etc.

Keep it nice and clean, give it a run once a month... and in 2 years you'll have a pristine 182 with bugger all mileage on it.

RenaultSport clio 172
d.brown said:
why not just take it off the road????

You don't have to pay any tax/insurance/petrol etc etc.

Keep it nice and clean, give it a run once a month... and in 2 years you'll have a pristine 182 with bugger all mileage on it.

Got nowhere to keep it unfortunately

RenaultSport clio 172
d.brown said:
poor excuse ... i will let out my garage to you lol

lol at a reasonabl, rate I bet! once the csa have gone im having a 182 or 197 for deffo! Off to merthyr now to look for maternity jeans! talk about priorities eh! :rasp:

Fiesta ST3
thats a good point anyone know of a good pushchair or travel system that fits in the boot of a 182:quiet:

RenaultSport clio 172
ady60 said:
thats a good point anyone know of a good pushchair or travel system that fits in the boot of a 182:quiet:

Its no joke, the pram we bought JUST fits into the corsa, and it was the same with the 172! take a bit of wiggling and elbow grease!