ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A season in BTCC...

Merc A class
Some images from myself from the 2013 BTCC season, I was given the opportunity to work with Nick dungan one of the best motorsport photographers in the business covering some of the BTCC rounds, i contributed towards articles on touringcars.net with my images and also to www.sportstock.co.uk so a big thanks to Nick for the opportunity! :cool:

I have chosen a few of my favourite images from the season

This was the media day pre season, i didn't have media access at this point but i like some of the images

8581107436_9b2f2b883c_z.jpg

BTCC Media Day 2013 by Riad Ariane, on Flickr

8581099204_a08a5f1f7c_z.jpg

BTCC Media Day 2013 by Riad Ariane, on Flickr

Then the start of the season i headed to Donnington park i didn't have media access here was just a spectator.

8670924591_1493b9ce05_z.jpg

BTCC BMW by Riad Ariane, on Flickr

8671993558_19a9bdcce8_z.jpg

BTCC RiadArianeMedia. by Riad Ariane, on Flickr

My first round that i covered was Thruxton, the first time at the circuit...

8712255246_7a5042ecb2_z.jpg

BTCC @ Thruxton by Riad Ariane, on Flickr

8712275844_2231db5422_z.jpg

BTCC @ THruxton by Riad Ariane, on Flickr

A few from Oulton

9007731477_66c247aa1b_z.jpg

BTCC @ Oulton by Riad Ariane, on Flickr

9007702945_a6456a3307_z.jpg

9008878818_c660b5ffb2_z.jpg

9008873204_e4645b364a_z.jpg

Some from croft..

9125973601_71cb4b16e1_z.jpg

RiadArianeMedia-8 by Riad Ariane, on Flickr

9128161058_87f30dc051_z.jpg

BTCC by Riad Ariane, on Flickr

Snetterton
9448536575_7381b2949a_z.jpg

www.facebook.com-RiadArianeMedia-18 by Riad Ariane, on Flickr

9448546837_28a1439d19_z.jpg

RiadArianeMedia by Riad Ariane, on Flickr

10647931516_0296cb16b5_z.jpg

BTCC by Riad Ariane, on Flickr

Rockingham

9898127416_1a0d48accf_z.jpg

BTCC @ The Rock! by Riad Ariane, on Flickr

9898160763_5f735d3df9_z.jpg

BTCC @ The Rock! by Riad Ariane, on Flickr

Brands Hatch season finale, First time visiting brands what a track!

10648607436_f3728fc837_z.jpg

BTCC @ Brands Hatch-10 by Riad Ariane, on Flickr

Not bad considering i was shooting at 1/60
10648589876_a5ee8ee017_z.jpg

BTCC @ Brands Hatch-14 by Riad Ariane, on Flickr

10648755723_6a453b487e_z.jpg

BTCC @ Brands Hatch-16 by Riad Ariane, on Flickr

10648698853_e0410f44b9_z.jpg

BTCC @ Brands Hatch-48 by Riad Ariane, on Flickr

10648465834_33e66e3822_z.jpg

BTCC @ Brands Hatch-65 by Riad Ariane, on Flickr

And the 2013 BTCC champion
10648649953_1586af89f4_z.jpg

BTCC @ Brands Hatch-91 by Riad Ariane, on Flickr

Hopefully il be there again next season, i have plenty of ideas for next season and i need to work on a few different shots and podiums still a long way to go until i'm happy!

Thanks for looking :cool: if you want to keep upto date with my Automotive work give me a follow on facebook https://www.facebook.com/RiadArianeMedia and my new website should be complete soon il post that when its finished.

Cup In bits
That Croft pic where they are three cars deep is one of the best Motorsport photos I have seen tbh from a content point of view. I can't comment on the technical side.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I have to agree with the above comments, some of those shots are truly amazing. Top work mate :).

Z4
Superb.
Very professional photos, I'm jealous!

I do love those bmw 1 series with their naughty little side exit exhausts

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Beautiful captures that are a real credit to you. Thanks for sharing them and good luck with your future photographic endeavours! :D I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Z4
On a side note, I've always appreciated BTCC, far more than F1 as it offers way more excitement, it does look very slow in comparison though!
I know these cars are stripped and tuned highly, but I've always wondered what their power and weight specs etc are? Would love to see a track race between one of these vs an M3 or something.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
On a side note, I've always appreciated BTCC, far more than F1 as it offers way more excitement, it does look very slow in comparison though!
I know these cars are stripped and tuned highly, but I've always wondered what their power and weight specs etc are? Would love to see a track race between one of these vs an M3 or something.

They aren't all that quick these days to be honest mate. About 300 ish brake and not the lightest.

Do 48's-49's at brands indy.

Awesome stuff, I've enjoyed flicking through each thread in the past, and this sums up a cracking season that has been perfectly photographed.

Great thread.

Cup In bits
They aren't all that quick these days to be honest mate. About 300 ish brake and not the lightest.

Do 48's-49's at brands indy.

Not really true, the S2000 and and now NGTC spec cars are quicker than the super tourers of the 90's which I'm guessing you are comparing them too.

You reference 48's-49's at brands hatch, compare that to other cars lapping Brands around that time and look at their weight and power output and it will show you just how quick a current touring car is.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Not really true, the S2000 and and now NGTC spec cars are quicker than the super tourers of the 90's which I'm guessing you are comparing them too.

You reference 48's-49's at brands hatch, compare that to other cars lapping Brands around that time and look at their weight and power output and it will show you just how quick a current touring car is.

A lot of that is chassis & tyre performance though I meant more as in overall power - speed etc. Maybe I should have made it more clear. They are still only marginally faster than a decent caterham on race rubber, which in my book doesn't make it all that fast for a national championship. Although a lot of the gt cup cars only get round a few seconds quicker, so I see what you're saying in that respect.

Cup In bits
A lot of that is chassis & tyre performance though I meant more as in overall power - speed etc. Maybe I should have made it more clear. They are still only marginally faster than a decent caterham on race rubber, which in my book doesn't make it all that fast for a national championship. Although a lot of the gt cup cars only get round a few seconds quicker, so I see what you're saying in that respect.

Straight line isn't quite super tourer speeds but corner speed and overall capability's are brilliant compared to the multi million pound cars the super tourers were.

I still think BTCC is the best saloon car championship in the world, I just hope the talk of a few more manufacturers coming back into it are true, not many championships in the world where you can win a season being a privateer, the current regs are good (and fair).

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Straight line isn't quite super tourer speeds but corner speed and overall capability's are brilliant compared to the multi million pound cars the super tourers were.

I still think BTCC is the best saloon car championship in the world, I just hope the talk of a few more manufacturers coming back into it are true, not many championships in the world where you can win a season being a privateer, the current regs are good (and fair).

Agreed. In terms of how close it is. I love DTM but it's just so F1 these days.

Cup In bits
Agreed. In terms of how close it is. I love DTM but it's just so F1 these days.

Yep many F1 drivers birthplace and grave yard, a HGV truck has more in common to a saloon car than them things do now. They're too reliant on aero for me now.

Oil Burner
Well done mate. A season of superb work that holds it's own amongst the BTCC togs (and blows a lot out of the water)

Fingers crossed we can make next season another corker!