ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A spare would have come in handy...

Clio 197

Late last night and I executed a perfect 180 degree handbrake turn at the end of a friends cul de sac. Probably wasnt the most brilliant of moves, but at the time it seemed the thing to do...Well, about 3/4 through the maneuvre I felt a bump and heard a bit of a pop. I remarked to my buddy that I hoped I didnt pull a tyre off the wheel, but of course I had. There was a spot with some cobbles missing and sure enough, I had found it. No damage to rim or tyre at all, just the bead unseated and of course no way of fixing it on the spot.My buddy rang ADAC, claimed to have been driving the car and they sent a recovery truck which transported us to a petrol station where we were able to reseat the bead and go on our merry way. This whole episode took about an hour. It would have been much simpler to throw on the spare...if only I had one!

Clio 197

Exactly what we did.

Trick was getting it to a petrol station where there was air! All of this at about 0100 this morning....

Skoda Fabia vRS

sod the spare, a tyre inflator is lighter !

i carry one all the time, jus runs off the cig lighter

Astra VXR 17/05/07

I am shocked and stunned as to why your friends neighbours did not come out onto the street and help or at least offer hot beverages and snacks while you waited for help.After all im sure they were delighted with your attempts to entertain them late into the night ;)

Clio 197

It works quite well. About 20 to 30 seconds a lap quicker than the Willy.

Was up there yesterday but there was too much snow on the track for them to open...

S2000

Quote: Originally posted by Eddd on 07 March 2004

It works quite well. About 20 to 30 seconds a lap quicker than the Willy.

Was up there yesterday but there was too much snow on the track for them to open...
:eek: good stuff

Have you heard the UK press on the 182 and will you be getting one or is the Ragnotti more purposefull for the ring? (dont want to spark a big debate just edds opinion will do).

P.S. when will everyone be going back to the nerbergring coz im itching to go, i keep mentioning it but no one seams interested. Can anyone organise it please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I only got one lap last time and i was just over 10mins im aiming for under next time. Ill have the new 172 exclusive and valver to try.

Clio 197

Wont be getting the 182. This baby will do me for a good few years.

Nothing stopping you from visiting the ring on your own. Lots of Brits make the trip on a regular basis.