ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A Tale Of 2 Bodyshops

Skoda Fabia vRS

Ive got my early xmas present off the mrs (spoiler) and i need a good bodyshop, thing is im REALLY busy so its gotta be close to my house, or my g/fs house, i also need one of my rear arches sortin out (rust)

i have 2 choices......a place near mine, which looks like a sh*thole, but the cars that come out parked up, always look very good, and my mate has used them once

and the other place near my mrs, which looks fairly professional, but ive not seen their work yet, might nip down there tonight if poss

has anyone ever used a bodyshop that does good work yet the premises are a sh*te heap ?

Renault Laguna Coupe

Yeah isnt that always the case. The place I used in Telford when I got my car lowered looked like a right dump. Just a couple of units. No credit cards, no headed notepaper or invoices.

Did a fantastic job, didnt rip me off (£45), gave me lots of good advice and Ill be back there for sure next time I need stuff doing.

mk2 172

the bloke who did my damage has the worst lookin place imaginable, i would put my mortgage on that, a first class sh*thole with a capital S...........but, the attention to detail and patience was second to none. he spent an age on the car and charged me what what reno would charge to paint a wing mirror cover.......almost:)

Be careful with cheap paint places. I learnt my lesson the hard way.

This time last year, I paid £340 to have the bonnet, front bumper, roof, o/s rear panel and bonnet vent painted and a patch of rust at the door pillar removed. Best price by miles - and it looked A1 when it left the place.

A year on and the poor quality really showed up. The lacquer was peeling off all of the places he did and on closer inspection, I noticed that the front bonnet had "orange peeled". Its difficult enough to question a bodyshops work after a year - and impossible when I had it done so cheap!

So now Im having it done again properly by someone I know and trust - but who isnt cheap!

Remember: with bodywork its mainly the labour you pay for. Its not set in stone, but Ive found that if you get a cheap price its usually a cheap job!

Skoda Fabia vRS

well i went there tonight an the guy seemed sound, got a quote too, there cheap ! (this is the better lookin place near my mrs)

£230 for:

Rear arch rust removed filled and painted, also scratch removed

Spoiler sprayed and fitted

De-Lock both sides

the guy had a load of business cards on his wall, includin RE Performance Centre where we had the RR Day. He also said they did all the bodywork jobs for Carcraft, which is a big car place in Rochdale, he also had some mag features on the wall, one from Revs of a Cossie which they had done the bodywork, and is also the car on there business cards

he seemed to know what he was talkin about, so i think ill go with them, if anyone has used em opinions welcome, there called RS Autobodies in Pilsworth, Bury

Renault Laguna Coupe

Sounds good to me. Renault quoted me £160 just to paint & fit a rear spoiler. I declined needless to say!

Skoda Fabia vRS

lol yea, what a rip off

the slogan of this company is somethin like "where quality costs less" so i think they always intended to keep prices low

cant wait to get it done now !....ill be postin pics of before and after of course

Cupra K1 & Clio 200

i know wot u mean, my mate woz charged £95 for a dent to be knocked out of a rover 214 wing = didnt d omowt, still looked sh*t! i am with going n recommendations (and the finihsed product of prev cars)

I paid £160 to spray my spoiler and fit it... Never again am I paying that kind of money.

Daz.

Skoda Fabia vRS

so does that seem like a good price guys ?

i might get him to smooth my boot aswell ?