ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A whistling on hard acceleration

Clio 1.4sport
I drive a 1.4 8v sport clio W reg.

when i put the foot down, i hear a high pitch whistle noise. like a turbo ( only if!)

Can anyone tell me what it is? or maybe break into the pipe and make it louder? :p

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
it will be the kettle. its the mirror mate about 90% of them do it

03 RS clio 172 flameR
i can sometimes mean there is a air leak in the engine... but most prob the wing mirrors etc

Monaco 172
u got a sub or amp in the car. cos my mate had a punto all wired up, and when he accelerated there was a load whistle like a turbo, but i cant remember where it came from, few years ago now like...

Clio 1.4sport
Passenger side, you can tell its coming from the engine. the heaters are off so it isnt them. it begins to make the noise about... 3-5k.

and Gaz yes, i do have a sound system, 2x 12" Subs with a 860watt amp. everything is wired fine though.

RIP MK2 PH1/1.4 16v Polo
i used to get the same but never botherd me... used to tell people i had a baby turbo on it

03 RS clio 172 flameR
like i said its most prob a air leak, a little hole somewhere in the induction side of things that when the power kicks in and it starts sucking harder it will suck air though and make a wistle, mine does it but it dont bother me, infact it sounds better imo

Clio 1.4sport
like i said its most prob a air leak, a little hole somewhere in the induction side of things that when the power kicks in and it starts sucking harder it will suck air though and make a wistle, mine does it but it dont bother me, infact it sounds better imo

im not too sure where to look for it though. my air filter is on top of the engine. looks like the fiat punto 1.2 airbox. if you know what im talking about.