ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A048 / AD08 has one replaced the other?

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
No your usual tyre question comparing between two options, but this time...

The Yokohama A048, has this been superseded by the AD08 atall?
or are they two completely different identities?

cheers.

Cup In bits
Both have r at their title end now, ao48's always have. The new ad08r is meant to have a softer compound still with the 8mm tread the ad08 had. Not many reviews around yet though being so new.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Ive got the ado8's and find them very good. Practically new when i went too oulton last week and they performed well.

S4 Avant
How long are people getting out of a set of AD08s?

I tried them a couple of years ago, and got 6 weeks. I s**t you not.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
ive got a set of A048's for the R27 ready to go, snapped them up a part worn set, but started looking at the 888's again ready for when they expire, then spotted the AD08's, hence my query

Cup In bits
Kelv 888's really aren't a great tyre for trackdays or anything over a 5 lap race tbh (they just melt) they have their purpose but a048r's, Dunlop direzza's and Michelin pilot sport cups are where its at for premium list 1b road legal slicks.

LY Megane R26
Dont mean to hijack but on yhe subject I was looking at the direzzas, and came across the Dunlop dz03g, their a 1b road legal tyre too.
How do they compare has anyone ever used them?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
There's a set on ebay (not used I think) for 190 but in 195/55/15's (direzzas)

Last edited:
  Cup In bits
All the good tyres go for cheap in 195/55/15 if you have a search around.... They're supposed to be alright if you have the room for the bigger profile.