ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AA Insurance and modifications

Mk2 1.6
Hey, just need to renew insurance fairly soon and the AA "quoted me happy" but i was wondering if people know what kinda policys they have about modifications (wheels, IK, zorsts etc), and/or about what kind of prices that i may need to pay to insure those type of mods.
Thank ya

Depends who you are with but with the RAC i declared my turbines (counted as manufacturer alloys) lowering springs and shocks and also the whole exhaust for £69! Give em a call and find out!

MCG

Vauxhall Astra VXR
ZanClio said:
Hey, just need to renew insurance fairly soon and the AA "quoted me happy" but i was wondering if people know what kinda policys they have about modifications (wheels, IK, zorsts etc), and/or about what kind of prices that i may need to pay to insure those type of mods.
Thank ya

I work for AA in Newcastle, don't bother insuring with us, unless the underwriter ends up being Norwich Union, we either wont cover you, or we'll charge double the premium.

MCG said:
I work for AA in Newcastle, don't bother insuring with us, unless the underwriter ends up being Norwich Union, we either wont cover you, or we'll charge double the premium.

Lol - gotta love the honesty - thats gonna get ure assss fired lol - nice

'52 clio 1.2 16V
had a 30% off insurence voucher with the AA. when i actuallt got a quote with them it was £3300. twice as high as anywer else i looked so the voucher was pretty much worth nothing. no-one i know has every got a compettive quote from them. guess they like you if you got one.

Mk2 1.6
checked some more and swindon insurance company quoted me even lower. Anyone herd of these or what their policys again are like with the modifications?

MCG

Vauxhall Astra VXR
fastwunz said:
Lol - gotta love the honesty - thats gonna get ure assss fired lol - nice

I wont get fired, I'm one of the top sellers. I would tell the customer the same thing.