ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

how bad is this, my car has been resprayed and had a few problems with it, stone chips on front which was my fault, the filled reno recess has collapsed n cracked the paint, jus recently the roof rails were filled with a fibreglass compound which has started to lift which as u could understand when ya pay a fair bit of money to have ya car resprayed n smoothed it pi**es you off

now to be fair the bodyshop is prepared to come to an agreement n sort the stuff out, we go halves on the price of the paint as it was my fault with the stone chips, n thats cool by me but today i go out to wash my car n find a big air bubble under the paint on the roof

now im feelin upset cos it seems everythin is goin wrong with this car when things like this shouldnt happen

surely an air bubble on the roof isnt down to me? but it shouldnt happen should it to a fresh paint job?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

If theyve painted it properly with water based paint plus the bonding agent, then this shouldnt be happening. It does sound like poor quality workmanship, but thats only from what you suggest as it cant be seen.

If the paints been applied and bonded properly, then there should be NO problems with bubbles/paint coming away. Is this an approved bodyshop, or just some backstreet garage who performs painting?

got pics on phone but cant transfer them on to computer

nah its not a backstreet bodyshop, he has a real good reputation n has done loads of cars, been featured in mags n had been recommended to me by ppl

he is cool bout stuff, he is gonna sort my bonnet out for nothin as he said it was their fault, the chips on the paintwork was my fault so we agreed to go halves on the paint 4 the car n that

when i noticed the roof rails comin up i took it to show him and he was quite shocked it had happen, the clios have got deep roof rails n he used a fibreglass compound to fill them that should flex, he said it looked like they had shrunk n lifted, he got onto the company who make the compound to get the rep out to have a look at it n c if he can shed some lite on the matter n suggest another compound, i said to bodyshop matey how much is this gonna cost me n wld i have to go back to roof rails n he said that he wasnt gonna think bout roof rails bein an option n that it could be a bad batch of the compound n it may need redoin with a better batch but the rep needed to see it

the bubble has come up where the roof rail has lifted so i can only assume that is wot has caused the bubble, i jus dnt know tho

if he can sort it out then i will be happy but i have this feelin at the moment that ive wasted a load of money havin all this work done

At least hes doing something about it! Good that he is calling the rep - hopefully itll get sorted if they agree that it is a bad batch.

Cross your fingers and keep us updated m8 :)

Quote: Originally posted by White16valver on 10 April 2005

At least hes doing something about it! Good that he is calling the rep - hopefully itll get sorted if they agree that it is a bad batch.

Cross your fingers and keep us updated m8 :)
went to see him today, the bubble is caused by the roof rails, he said that water had got in n caused the air bubble, he said i could put a pin in it to let him know if there was any water, i did n there wasnt but the roof rails has still caused the air bubble

hopefully rep will be comin fri, he said that either way i will have to have the roof rails dug out n if the rep cant suggest another compound then i will have to have the roof rails put back in n colour coded which im not too concerned about but wld rather keep them smooth instead of havin rails put back in- car should be goin to shop in next 2 weeks, he is jus finishing off a GT40(which is lookin amazing at the mo) so thats gd

other prob is that the paint rep hasnt got any of my paint at mo n it will have to be bought directly from suppliers at a cost of £450 a litre which aint gd lol(trust me to have really expensive paint lol). were goin halves on the paint wotever the price so he is gonna try n sort out a deal with the rep

all in all im feelin better n more confident today

will keep ya updated as i know more

cheers peeps:)

[Edited by feirce187 on 11 April 2005 at 5:44pm]