ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Abarth is no more, bring on ze Germans.

12k p/y only comes into it if you hand the car back and walk away at the end.

If you trade it back into Audi for another model then mileage is irrelevant.

Clio 182
I dont not like finance if that was aimed at me, and yes i do own my car outright. But thats what, £6k thats mine. Not bad when hes paying £9k.

Ive always wanted to do it on something like a GTR etc.

But when i think about it, if you do this for 9 years, so 3 of these deals. Thats £27k you've paid out and got nothing to show. Thats just the way my brain works :(:(

When I used to finance a couple of cars I saw it like a service I was paying for. Or like rent I suppose. Pay x amount a month for my warranted transport, you have nothing at the end however with the present you have a car that you dont have to worry about, anything goes wrong its covered etc.

It depends I suppose on your lifestyle/financial situation. What worked for me back then, wouldnt really suit me now hence just getting the clio out right!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
There's a lot to be said for PCP. A lot of rich people never own their cars. People forget this.

Think we will be going down the PCP route at some pont this year...

Fancy a new RS Megane when they up the power. Some good deals on them at the moment though, like £300/month over 3 years...

It must be nice to have a "no worries, new car" every few years.

build quality have you been over to the a1 forum ? :lolup:

the vw group are sneaky they do give you nice bits of trim at the expense of other things if you have a good poke around your spot the where they have cut costs like heated mirrors you only get them if you buy the folding mirrors i

i dont mind the a1 in a decent colour ;)

Last edited:
media

does look better with the silver roof line :cool:

ph1 track weapon
3 years, Audi put £750 towards it as well or £750 off the car. same either way you look at it

trying to get discount on an audi is a f**king nightmare. been in sales 5 years and even I struggled! getting 2k off my clio a few years back was easy as anything but audi is whole different ball game

A nightmare?

Went into look at the A3 black edition the other day. was with the guy about an hour, after the test drive came to talk figures and straight off he gave me £2k discount! you obviously seem to be going to the wrong audi dealer!

A nightmare?

Went into look at the A3 black edition the other day. was with the guy about an hour, after the test drive came to talk figures and straight off he gave me £2k discount! you obviously seem to be going to the wrong audi dealer!

they dont like discounting the a1 it seems from my research they are offering £750.00 off at the moment

Last edited:
  Mini Cooper S
Finance against a new car makes perfect sense. You're gonna be losing buying it outright or financing either way...

Seems like a bit of a pointless change to me. But you clearly get bored very easily with your cars!

Turbos.
A nightmare?

Alright Billy big b****cks... they are just about the replace the A3, whereas the A1 is brand new in demand! Completely different.

They are nice cars, but i just read a review of the A1 versus warm hatches and the standard 500 Abarth beat it. Top was the Swift, followed by the Twingo 133 (then the Abarth). They said the A1 and Seat Ibiza were dull as fcuk, basically.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I hardly even read about the A1, kinda skipped past that bit. If I was looking for a warm hatch it wouldn't be an Audi. I'd buy an Audi for totally different reasons.

I do love the swift though. :eek:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Swift Sport is great car. We very nearly bought one but I thought the 133 was more fun and it was £500 cheaper at the time.

Listerine & Poledo
FabiA1

Nice.

How much money will be poured into on modz before you get bored and foot up a new finance deal?
And will the Megane Coilovers fit it?

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Does it have the silver roof sides or colour coded ones?

Proper nice,
I like these with the kit on.
Enjoy
What was wrong with the gearbox in the 185bhp one?

Does it have the silver roof sides or colour coded ones?

Proper nice,
I like these with the kit on.
Enjoy
What was wrong with the gearbox in the 185bhp one?

They dsg only and 25k ;)

Dsg is odd it's great pottering around in d paddle shifting just doesn't feel right it will still override you if you hold a gear to long I found I'm changing at 1.5-2k as the engine sounds in distress at higher revs

Alot of people seem to love it
I'm not convinced

That's why I'm looking at swift sports and 500 abarths :D

Last edited:
  BMW F21 125d
I like the A1, but I'd have it in a different colour.

PCP is each to their own. Alot of people (including me tbh) see it as dead money, renting a car etc and never owning it.

Alot of other people see a car as a depreciating asset, why would you want to own it? Like Gally said alot of rich people do it.

The question has to be though, what are the 3 year values on these, would it lose more than the 9k paid in PCP over 3 years, if so, then PCP is the way to go.

Simple maths.

The more I look at these deals, the more attractive they seem, however, I do try and buy cars that have lost most of their money before I get them, so depreciation although apparent is a lot slower than it used to be.

My GF has an 11 plate Ibiza Cupra, for those that don't know it comes under the Polo, Fabia etc umbrella. It's the 1.4 TFSI 180 odd bhp with DSG. When we specced her's up (pretty much top spec) the A1 came in over £7K more expensive! The Polo was over £4K more and you couldn't even spec things like leather.

IMO buying an A1 because you don't get to drive your car properly/usually just pootle about and then not speccing the DSG box is utter madness. Yes it's not quite as good as a proper manual but the trade off is that it's great when you want to be lazy. Plant your foot and the speaker (yes speaker, not exhaust) gives a roar and you tear off down the road. The speaker also tricks you into changing a lot further down the rev range as it sounds mental higher up. Very bizarre thing.

The A1 is a nice place to be IMO, but I just don't think they are worth the cash. Toyota 86 or decent spec A1....

Hope you don't get a dodgy one, Google 1.4 tfsi problems... ;)

There's a speaker strapped to the bulkhead that makes the noise you think the engine/exhaust/car is making. Sort of like a subwoofer.

Really pisses people off that own these cars and didn't realise that's what it was! :rasp:

The new M5 has one...

There's a speaker strapped to the bulkhead that makes the noise you think the engine/exhaust/car is making. Sort of like a subwoofer.

Really pisses people off that own these cars and didn't realise that's what it was! :rasp:

The new M5 has one...

Actually shocked at this.

Speakers for engine noise, WTF?!?

It shocks a lot of people, and as said annoys a fair few! Think it might be technically called and engine noise amplifier or something. On the Ibiza it looks like this.

actuator.jpg

Mk5 golf gti
i dont really get why you would want something more comfy and bought an A1 and planning to lower it, plus its a slow one so will be boring as hell.

i found the a3 TFSI cheap as f**k to insure tbh

i do love the build quality of them though

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Nice replacement. Although I must say I was very impressed with the abarths that were at oulton park last Friday.

182trophy & Williams
there are so many other cars you could have bought that are better and cheaper, but if you wanna look like a mincey little fag then you have deffo made the right choice;)

Listerine & Poledo
Impact sound?

Fairly sure lBrench knows all about that already.

Is there one fitted in the roof?

Impact sound?

Fairly sure lBrench knows all about that already.

Is there one fitted in the roof?

Lol

Its not alot of money for a nice new car, but you definatly should have got something more fun...

10000% you will get bored of this within 6 months.

I did when I did the same :eek:

Why didnt you get another 200, thats more fun and is a nice place to sit?

M135i
Looks nice enough but I'm willing to bet a reasonable amount of money that within 12 months you'll be making a thread saying, "the A1 was just too slow and I was getting bored so have refinanced again at extra-ordinary cost to buy a < insert random sporty car >".

RS6 C7
My a3 is less than an abarth to insure for me, No idea why but it's a couple of hundred less for me.

Mone comes with the DSG box which is very good in my opinion. I wouldn't have specced if if I'd have bought the car new but it's a nice extra. I'm not a massive fan of the flappy paddle's though but that's just me.

Iceberg 172 Cup
Really dont like the styling of these, at least you don't have the gay mis matched roof pillar things.

Personally I'd have gone with the polo for a cheap to run new car, look awesome.

Anyway, good luck with it!

+1, polo, same car, miles cheaper, better resale value.