ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ableton live 8

gonna buy this v.soon and iv got the demo but having a bit of trouble getting into it. iv trauled youtube but cant really see any good tutorials. i know some people on here use it, and quite well, so how did you get into the program, books, videos, someone help you? anything that could get me started would be appreciated

lol, would you recommend just going for it and buying, or would you recommend spending my money on anything else as 250 quid isnt pocket money :/

Octy VRS
I bought it and taught myself. I'll try and dig out some tutorials later when I'm not at work. Are you using it for production or DJing?

production mate, iv got torq connectiv for my decks which i believe i can link with ableton in the future maybe

BMW E92/Audi S3
When you buy Ableton Live. It comes with tutorials mate.
For now. Use your musical knowledge that you already have on other production tools.

BMW E92/Audi S3
production mate, iv got torq connectiv for my decks which i believe i can link with ableton in the future maybe

What is that you are doing?

Recording?
Preforming?
DJ etc

Mac or PC?

Lol.

Depends on his style on what he uses. I find that ableton is good for Electronic/Dance/Trance. Only really has full potential when you have all the parts for it though.
Reason 4.0 is my queen though. I know it more or less inside out.

on a macbook, doing production and probably end up using it for dj'ing. had a look at most daw's but prefer the look of either reason4 or ableton live. i like reason as you can see everything as hardware but i prefer the live aspect of it as i can alter whilst its playing which is handy as im from a band/live background. thats why iv decided to go with live. just need a bit of help with the production/studio side of it.

Octy VRS
I'm guessing he wants to start from scratch and just needs to know how to get into it. Recording, effects, importing, looping etc. There are some good tutorials that have been posted on a site I'm on but I'll have to dig through the threads to find.

iv just had a look at a few demos of maelstrom being used in reason and really like the look of this, looked at a few reviews and now im stuck on which one to get. :S:S:S:S ahhhhh

Think I may just go for reason, I have a mate whouses it so will get more help aswell :)

Same question then does anyone know any gd tutorials/books for reason