ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

About to change sump gasket on 172, anything else to do at same time?

Audi S3 & 172 Cup
Hi,
As per title, I'm away to change the sump gasket on my 172 Cup. Engine is out of the car so should be relatively straightforward.
I wondered if there are there any other gaskets/seals/parts that are recommended to be changed at the same time as renewing the sump gasket?
Thanks

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Is it a standard engine or will you be after more power at a later date?

Audi S3 & 172 Cup
She's basically just used as a Track Car nowadays and running 180bhp thru intake/exhaust/RS Tuner map change but not planning on going down the ITB/cams or forced induction routes, might change intake/map in future to try and squeeze another few ponies but that's it. Therefore was thinking that leaving the factory conrod bolts would be fine.
Anything else to consider while sump is off? Engine only done 50K and impeccable history, she doesn't use a single drop of oil.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
She's basically just used as a Track Car nowadays and running 180bhp thru intake/exhaust/RS Tuner map change but not planning on going down the ITB/cams or forced induction routes, might change intake/map in future to try and squeeze another few ponies but that's it. Therefore was thinking that leaving the factory conrod bolts would be fine.
Anything else to consider while sump is off? Engine only done 50K and impeccable history, she doesn't use a single drop of oil.
Factory rod bolts are sh1t, get the changed for a set of ARP's.

I fitted a set to mine along with a set of bearing's.
Factory bolts on the left.
7937eec0b1f970c08f8131397c00b4f2.jpg
665be2ec71cadf6a644de3268c0c8393.jpg

dan's cast offs.
Rod bolts, check and replace shells, big end and mains if needed. Mod oil pressure relief valve and check plunger is free to move.

Thread on here about oprv mod. Give me shout if you can't find it.