ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS 3/4 Sensors nuked, question

Hi all,

Firstly i had the fault read for the ABS light / service light on my 172 ph2 today and the 3 of my sensors are nuked it would seem. Now my ABS has been playing up for a while, for instance if i brake sometimes the ABS comes on juddering etc when it clearly shouldnt be (in the dry etc).

Now my question is if i take out the ABS fuse, will this stop the ABS from doing this and mean i can lock the wheels and not cause any side other effects?. Its definately safer to have it not working at all than what its doing at the moment.

I have to drive to scotland basically in a week or so, so id much prefer not to have ABS rather than it coming on when it feels like it (even @ like 5mph minor breaking sometimes).

Cheers,
Si

Megane dci 130
Thats very odd to have 3 sensors go at once! I take it you have check all connections?

THey tend to go green and not make a good contact.

172 Race Car
taking the fuse out gives 50/50 braking.............

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nlH2QJc4NT8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nlH2QJc4NT8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

good fun but not advised, Lol

kic

former 1.2 16v, now corsa
sure its not cracked rings or a f*cked pump, both my rings were cracked and sounds about the same symptoms as youve described

Thanks for the replys lads.

They showed as all "red" all 3 of them, i havent checked the connections. I have inspected the rings on the front off side and it looks fine.

It had a leaky CV boot so i thought that was it, but after a good clean up etc etc it was still showing the fault and behaving the same.

Id actually had intermittant ABS issues before hand but id put they down to the CV boot clogging it up, but now the lights constant i had it checked and all 3 were dead.

If i was to check the wiring, id just need to take off all the arch liners etc?

Si

Megane dci 130
Thanks for the replys lads.

They showed as all "red" all 3 of them, i havent checked the connections. I have inspected the rings on the front off side and it looks fine.

It had a leaky CV boot so i thought that was it, but after a good clean up etc etc it was still showing the fault and behaving the same.

Id actually had intermittant ABS issues before hand but id put they down to the CV boot clogging it up, but now the lights constant i had it checked and all 3 were dead.

If i was to check the wiring, id just need to take off all the arch liners etc?

Si

Just pull the connectors orr that connect them to the loom. You will see them once you trace back.

Was this on clip?
Did he try to erase the fault?

Nope no faults were erased just read, it was on clip yeh. The same readers as renault use in house apprently. Im gonna drop off the arch liners today and have a look i think at the connections.

Renault want £109+vat for each rear ABS sensor.....anyone know anywhere selling these f/r sensors cheaper, its an absolute rip off for what they are.

Si