ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS coming randomly at low speeds

Black 172 ph2
Hey,

My ABS starts pumping when i am moving very slowly and braking e.g. stopping for a junction or parking my car up.

This has started recently, any sugesstions on whats wrong? ABS sensor? Dirt in the brakes?

Cheers,
Chris

Clio 200 Black and White
Does the ABS actually get activated or is it just a ticking noise under the brake pedal?

If it's the latter I have the same issue but not sure what's causing it.

Black 172 ph2
My ABS is actually activated. Get the horrible feeling of the brake pedal being pumped :(

Black 172 ph2
Cheers 24Seven.

Your post sounds exactly the same as mine. I have had both driveshafts recently replaced so abit concerned that my driverss side ABS ring could have gone so soon (that the wheel that is juddering).

Iceburg 172FF
Could be ABS sensor too or brake pedal switch I suppose if you had new ABS rings recently.

Black 172 ph2
I will have a look at the condition of the rings over the weekend and compare them to your pictures (cant see them on the work PC). I mite give the brakes a complete good clean as there is alot of grease from when the CV boots split that needs cleaning up still.

Iceburg 172FF
Well that sounds like mine. Drivers side CV boot split, leaked crap all over the rings/sensor and to top it off one was cracked so could be similar. At least they arent too expensive :)

BMW F31
not too bad, but need to be fitted by a garage as the old ring has to be taken off then the new one heated and put in place so it cools and sets tight.

dont be fooled by a garage into saying you need a new driveshaft as you can get the rings no problem!!

ep3
i had one the other day doing the same and it was some teeth missing off the ABS ring on the driveshaft so try checking that.