ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Abs fault..

clio 03 1.6 16v
hi guys, i got a local guy to change a wheel cylinder for me the other day there but when he had the drum off where the cylnder is theres a sora round bit with spikes like a spindal?? anyway he thought that was to come of and he took a chissel to it to try turn it.. it turned n turned but wouldnt come off, but i think e chipped 1 or more of the teeth from it , now my abs is constantly kicking in.. the AA guy said it could be a sensor or sumthin, but wen i take the abs fuse out the speedo stops working..
any ideas guys?
thanks!

BMW M135i
The monkey b*****d as knackered one of the rear ABS rings. You'll need a new one, the speedo won't work as it uses the ABS instead of a speedo sender on the gearbox. You need a new abs ring and the light won't go off until you've got the new ring on and you've braked for the first time.

Take it somewhere different this time too if he doesn't know what an abs ring is. Although i'd try to get them to pay.

BMW M135i
Don't think they're mega money about 20 sheets a ring I think. Can check if needed. Whats your problem exactly kic?

kic

former 1.2 16v, now corsa
taken from another post i had

i had a mechanic friend check them as i thought my pads were on the way out and he says the discs look quite new. really weird noise when braking but not all the time, sometimes it feels like i am pushing the pedal to the ground and can feel heavy vibrations going through the pedal as if its dragging along the ground, and it sounds as if sometimes the wheel is still spining on my passenger side, i use sounds like very strongly there as i doubt this is actualy happening

kic

the noise sounds if its coming from passenger side, and my lights only come on when i go above 60mph

kic

dude your aswell as speaking spanish when it comes to mechanical side, but if u can give me derections i'am sure i could do it

BMW M135i
You can only easily check the fronts on a drum rear car iirc. Basically take the front wheels off and look at the driveshaft behind the disc, you should see a ring with several teeth on it around the driveshaft. It should be a complete ring not broken and it shouldn't have any teeth missing, they are uniformly spaced.

kic

cheers mate will give it a go when i get time, thanks for your help