ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS light but no code through CLIP

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Good Morning Gang,

So, I've recently rebuilt my track car ("what are you doing using ABS on a track car, blah blah blah"). Refitted absolutely everything, bled the system using CLIP and then a secondary manual bleed. First outing on track it felt great, then all of a sudden the ABS light came on. I dove into the pits and plugged CLIP in, the really odd thing about it was that CLIP didn't show there was a code but after a generic wipe of the faults the light went out. Anyway, I set about reversing out of the garage and then boom, the light reappeared. Plugged it in again and had the same result, has anybody had this before?

Throughout the day though, the pedal progressively got worse. The weird thing was though, I still had ABS because braking into Hissy's (Oulton Park), the front locked up 3 times.

If anybody can shed some light, I'd be really grateful.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Shouldn't do no.

I can scan it with my RSTuner and see if that says anything?

Could try it, but it CLIP isn't showing anything I'm not sure RST would, mine was shite when I had it. I'm free all week to give it a go, well apart from Tonight.

The abs system on these cars are shocking, First thing to check would be the fuse, then clean all the built up disc/pad shards that stick to the sensors, then check the reluctor rings for rust, cracks or if they've moved away from under the sensor, if its a cracked ring then the offending side will lock up under braking as the ring slips on the driveshaft, with this you also normally get pedal fart at very low speeds. Then I'd check the wiring to all the sensors are all OK and clips are in tact etc. Next I'd check the sine waves from the sensors to make sure they're picking up the correct signal from the reluctor rings. If you've still not solved then get a used pump with ECU attached and unharness the wiring from the old pump in the car and fit the harness to the used one off the car to see if its the pump.

dan's cast offs.
i've had shitted up/corroded rings throw a light up but not leave a code.

if it's coming on when you are moviung slow just check wheel speeds, chances are one is cocked up and reading about 2,000kmh.