ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS light on dash???

Arctic Blue Clio 182
Last night after gettin a flat tire the ABS light came on the dash. Got the tire fixed and its still there. Anyone know why it would be on?? Brake fluid maybe needed??

prob not the same as different cars but my ABS light was on in my old sax, and ended up costin about £270 to get fixed! something to do with the sensor, not good tho!

jakki
xx

1.6 focus zetec....
My abs light came on the other day after messing around and when i turned the car off and back on it had gone off

played with clio cup
hello to you
hope i can help
when you got the flat,the abs system detected conflicting information from your wheel speed sensors therefor put on your abs light on.
heres a few ways to turn it off ( i hope or ill look a t**t):quiet:
sit in the car,turn the ign on and off about 6 simes for a few seconds at a time then start the engine and drive it for a few yards and it may go off.
or you can disconnect the battery leave for 5mins then reconnect it (the light still may be on) then drive it again for a few yards an it should go off.:)
Clio_Styling said:
Last night after gettin a flat tire the ABS light came on the dash. Got the tire fixed and its still there. Anyone know why it would be on?? Brake fluid maybe needed??

Arctic Blue Clio 182
Yea it goes off once the ign off and on but comes back on when i brake comin up to a junction/corner etc. Gonna get some brake fluid tomarrow hopefully and if that dont work get the brake discs/pipe lines looked at.

Anyone else have an idea why it might be on

I wasnt joking about adjusting the switch by the way. A few people here have had this problem and from memory, it turned out that the brake light switch needed adjusting.