ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS / Reluctor Ring Replacement

RS Clio 182
Alright all?

Just a quick one regarding my ABS / Reluctor rings on the front. I've done loads of searching but couldn't find an answer on this. I've seen reluctor rings for sale on a website which look decent quality. However, they come in two sizes with 44 teeth; one for a cup and one for non-cups. Mine isn't a true cup but unless someone's sprayed the alloys has the suspension cup pack as far as I know. What I want to know is which size I need to buy considering this? I.e. does a cup packed 182 use cup reluctor rings? Any advice on this would be massively appreciated! Also, is there a guide on how to do this job? If not I'll try and knock one up as I go along...

Thanks for the help and sorry if this has come up before.

All the best,

Oggy

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
You need to count the teeth on yours, probably 44,

remove hub nut
remove strut to hub bolts
knock the cv joint throught the hub
pull the cv/driveshaft to the side
the old abs ring should just fall off
you now need a small hammer, a round punch and some patience
slowly drift the new abs ring over the cv joint until its in line with the marks from the old ring.

RS Clio 182
Thanks for. The response, that's a massive help. Sorry for the late reply, I work silly hours!
Thanks again,

Oggy

Johnpacey1

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Heat the new ring up before you put it on. This will make the ring expand and should slide over the hub easier.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
wouldnt use heat they arent that tight fit. i got one from renault for my 1.6 and it was cheap.

RS Clio 182
Thanks for your responses. With regards to what I was saying about different sizes for cups vs.non-cups, the website here shows the 44 teeth rings for the front in two versions; a thicker ring for the apparent wider cup suspension. What I am wondering is although my 182 is not a true cup, it has the suspension cup pack so do I need a normal abs ring or the thicker ring for 'cups'?

Website here:

http://www.ukpartsdirect.com/catalogsearch/advanced/result/?manufacturer%5B%5D=18

Cheers,

Oggy

RS Clio 182
Hi mate. Sorry for the late response, just seen this. I bought two off ebay (only four quid) and was told directly that they would fit a cup (and also a V6!?). Anyway, jacked the car up (cup-packed 182) and they are less than half the width of the ones already on there. What you need is the thicker ones pictured which are labelled as such, but they are £15 a ring; still much cheaper than a full driveshaft or whatever.

On a side note, could this be a way of identifying if a car is cup-packed rather than doing the whole measuring between two bolts method?

FF Racing Blue 182
No problem....i had two deliverd that were the thin ones

But managed to find the cup one for £21 deliverd

Renault Clio mk2

remove hub nut
slowly drift the new abs ring over the cv joint until its in line with the marks from the old ring.

remove hub nut

Can this be done by someone who has a decent tool kit? Or be left to a professional?

997.1, Caddy, e208
Ironic I should bump this post but I'm not the OP with a different car!

I'm replacing my 182 rings, took the hub nut off, removed the strut to hub bolts...

Can't get the shaft out of the hub for s**t. Any tips?